There is a spot on my Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kamadx2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The spot has not really gotten worse. I'm just a lil nervous about it I've had the guy like 2 years. A been hanging out by the heater a lot like touching it close. I didn't know if that might be the reason or not.

I posted a pic I thought on the thread. It's a white color to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425886508.435469.jpg the white dot in the middle is on the glass, but it's the white discoloration.

It looks like a scrape to me, is he eating and acting normal? What are your parameters?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's not eating right now. Well I think I startled him a min ago and he scraped it. Well he's been This aquarium like 6 months. It developed a developed a couple months back like January ish. It's a 60gal originally had a few plants added several more 2 days ago. Has 5 red Sarpaes, 1 tiger barb, 1 like glass Sarpae or barb?, 1 big red finned shark, 1 clown loach, 2 heaters(also just kicked up the temp a bit a couple days ago from 75 to about 85), 1 30-60 aqua tech filter, 3-5 large (1 I moved with him from previous tank it's his favorite) rocks, etc. picture included ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425936229.040596.jpg

Oh okay I didn't see that other pic, it could be a burn, it also almost looks fungal, good water parameters would be the first thing

It's not ich why the temp to 85? Seems to high for me...

Clown loach... back the the LFS... now... They need groups and can get up to 14 inches long. Min aquarium size of 150 gallons for the group.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It's not ich why the temp to 85? Seems to high for me...

Clown loach... back the the LFS... now... They need groups and can get up to 14 inches long. Min aquarium size of 150 gallons for the group.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

100% agreed, also with water temp that high if it's an old heater or rally pushing out a lot of power yo get it that warn it could very well be a burn from the heater

Can I get a picture of the shark?

Tiger barbs also need a group of 5-6+ to not feel stressed. They can be skittish.

I suggest try putting your stock into www.AqAdvisor.com before you end up with water quality and/or stress issues down the road.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Well the tiger barb is the remainder of the 4 or 5 I put in like September or October. He is healthy believe me fat as heck. Well the Pleco was growing great in my 30gal. I had done some work in it and the temp was way warmer by touch. The temp is a guess not exact. They feel about the same now. I don't trust the thermometers you put on the outside of the tanks, plus they fade after a short while. I need to just have one I can just stick in check it and pull out. I've kind learned if it's not broke don't fix it with fish in a way. I'd hate to add fish and them bring in disease. I feel like the tiger is there to make the loach feel more comfortable. The loach had a fellow loach in the 30gal. It died though. I also have another loach I moved from a ten gal to the 30 gal with a albino red finned shark. They are growing nicely. None of them pick on the Pleco. Like I say the Pleco get right next to the heater on that spot, or did.... K some more pics oh fishies! LolImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425938948.166184.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425938984.539424.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425939031.983312.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425939103.873250.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425939142.638982.jpg

That's a lot of fish in only a 60 gal. Judging by the pleco it's likely going to outgrow that tank. Pleco's also poop A TON. Like I said, clowns need groups. And yours will get quite big. That's a rainbow shark. Some will lean toward docile, others are little territorial nightmares. I would be careful.

To sum it up I would rehome the pleco to a larger tank or to someone who has a large tank. Clown loach the same because they need groups and will outgrow your tank. Watch out for the shark they are territorial.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

They've all been together for like almost two years. I do plan on getting another tank as time progresses. I don't want to get rid of any of them. I thought the rule of thumb was 1 inch per gallon?

They've all been together for like almost two years. I do plan on getting another tank as time progresses. I don't want to get rid of any of them. I thought the rule of thumb was 1 inch per gallon?

That is an extremely outdated rule, and can't really be used for anything. There us do much more to take into consideration, such as bioload and individual size, a 12+ inch long pleco can barely even change direction in a 60gal and creates more waste then 25 neon tetras easy, for example

Ok, well I've still got plenty to learn. I have been serious about it for about three years. I'm sure there are plenty more things I need to learn but it's a rewarding hobby.

Back
Top Bottom