TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guy I purchased them from said he had about 100 tanks. I am not sure why then due to cost he wouldn't have fed them any flake food.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you know which frozen food he used? It may have been cheaper for him to make his own frozen food than buy flake.

Love the picture Theresa!

Do you know which frozen food he used? It may have been cheaper for him to make his own frozen food than buy flake.

Love the picture Theresa!

Chopped up bloodworms and brine shrimp so yeah you may be right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haven't gotten much of anything done lately for a number of reasons. Found out about a death in the family on Friday. Saturday morning woke up to a non-draining kitchen sink which means all WC, top offs, etc are a no until we get a plumber out to the house.

New breeding net hasn't arrived, still shows out for delivery last Friday :rolleyes: Kicking myself now for not just going to Petco.... A few fry stayed in the net but I saw this when I checked the tank this morning:

img_3287091_0_9cff0f90263e69fa162e04f4cc763499.jpg

So I just let everyone out of the net instead of stressing the kuhli by trying to catch it. Crazy fish :blink:

Haven't gotten much of anything done lately for a number of reasons. Found out about a death in the family on Friday. Saturday morning woke up to a non-draining kitchen sink which means all WC, top offs, etc are a no until we get a plumber out to the house.

New breeding net hasn't arrived, still shows out for delivery last Friday :rolleyes: Kicking myself now for not just going to Petco.... A few fry stayed in the net but I saw this when I checked the tank this morning:

img_3287155_0_9cff0f90263e69fa162e04f4cc763499.jpg

So I just let everyone out of the net instead of stressing the kuhli by trying to catch it. Crazy fish :blink:

So sorry to hear that. :(

Very sorry to hear that :( My condolences are with you.

I got a breeder net from PetCo a while back for cory eggs, it was pretty good. No holes. Don't remember the name though.

Very sorry to hear that :( My condolences are with you.

I got a breeder net from PetCo a while back for cory eggs, it was pretty good. No holes. Don't remember the name though.

Thank you. It wasn't someone I was close to but it's still sad.

The new breeding net arrived and it's 100% better! I netted fry off and on for the rest of the day so there are probably 20 or so in there now.

Had some fish arrive as well including this bonus betta girl. With her coloring I'd like to put her in the 16g but she's a bit shy (or just settling in) so she's in the Spec for now. She's been looking at the fish and shrimp but doesn't seem particularly interested in either.

img_3287416_0_2121d156cbbc3821d2755cf419b02955.jpg

Fry in the new breeding net are doing well.

The recent fish purchase was a group of yellow jacket Endlers as well as some adolescents and young fry, group of least killifish, and 2 female bettas. I also picked up a 10g at the Petco $1/gallon sale and maybe another female betta :hide:

Tanks and fish are a mess right now. One betta and the older Endlers fry are in the new 2.5g, I set up a temporary 2.5g on my desk for the Petco betta, and the empty 10g is on the kitchen island :blink:

I was originally going to do something new/different in the 10g but I'm rethinking that. I'm definitely doing to break down the 2.5g dwarf amber barb/red rili tank and the 2.5g temp betta tank. The Evolve is going to move somewhere :confused: leaving all that space on my desk for the new 10g. I'll use a sponge filter, not sure about light, not sure about substrate although I'm leaning towards black sand. I still have to figure out what I want to do with the Spec 5 so I'm doing a spreadsheet of tanks & stock hoping it'll be easier to make decisions seeing everything on paper...

I finally set up a reminder on my phone to do ferts and I've been following thru rather than just thinking don't feel like it right now, I'll do it tomorrow...the plants seem to appreciate it :flowers:

And this is the craziness any time I go near the Endlers tank, will try to get better pics tomorrow:

img_3288713_0_4c82fd3ed63a8d52f24cc969c514f908.jpg

Kuhlies are truly awesome fish. It seems like your's come out a lot during the day. Mine don't...maybe when I decrease the lighting on my tank they'll be a bit more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kuhlies are truly awesome fish. It seems like your's come out a lot during the day. Mine don't...maybe when I decrease the lighting on my tank they'll be a bit more comfortable.

My favorite fish! My 16g is in the living room, the kuhlis in there are a bit shy. The group in this tank is out all the time though which is odd because it's in a corner with windows on two sides so it gets a lot of light.

I was just scrolling around on the forums and I found some people I used to talk to!

I love Kuhli but sadly never owned them. They run $7-$10 a head here and for a nice group it adds up.

Caleb

Thats awsome, lol. Theresas khulis seem danged social. Ive seen some groups at our last few auctions here. I saw bags of 3 going for 5-7$. Blacks and striped. If i see that at auction in a few weeks ill snag em fir ya caleb.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm at an auction and a few minutes ago 4 black kuhlis just went for $6.
Hers are liked striped puppies.

I was just scrolling around on the forums and I found some people I used to talk to!

Haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?

I love Kuhli but sadly never owned them. They run $7-$10 a head here and for a nice group it adds up.

Wow, that's crazy! I think the last time I was at the lfs they were maybe $3 each.

Thats awsome, lol. Theresas khulis seem danged social. Ive seen some groups at our last few auctions here. I saw bags of 3 going for 5-7$. Blacks and striped. If i see that at auction in a few weeks ill snag em fir ya caleb.

I've had kuhlis since I got my first tank, the group with the Endlers is by far the most social and active I've ever kept!

I'm at an auction and a few minutes ago 4 black kuhlis just went for $6.
Hers are liked striped puppies.

That is so true! My dream tank would be something custom made, low but very long and full of kuhlis!

Back
Top Bottom