these might be stupid questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I haven't been on in awhile just cuz i have been problem free.

In my 20 gal I ended up having to stop feeding my gouramies flakes because well they gave up flakes for my bichir's blood worms. My first question is that ok for them to eat blood worms?
My next question is... I have school and i am not a morning person, so feeding my fish in the morning adds like another 10mins to my morning that i can't get up for. Is it nessecary to feed twice a day and if so how many hours apart should the feedings be?

Also i have noticed that my gouramies have been really mean to eachother. They used to be just fine and have no problems but my red one has been bitting at the blue one. Also, I have noticed my bichir and the blue guorami aren't much of buddies any more... I have noiced he has been trying to hunt him i guess. He isnt ever sucessfull, but yea. The utopia that once exsisted in my tank has been unsettled. Any ideas...

no you dont have to feed flakes... you may want to add shrimp or other frozen food s... blood worms are something they would likely eat in the wild..

split them up ... do you have another tank??

i know the gouramies can eat once a day

Feeding once a day is fine. Neither of those fishes diets should consist of only bloodworms, but they are fine as a treat. If you don't give the gouramis anything to eat for a day or two (maybe a little longer but no longer than a week), they will probably take the flakes again.
You may have to seperate the fish, the bichir will get too big for the tank and probably big enough to eat the gouramis. Plus, the gouramis may just get nastier and nastier with each other. :(

Back
Top Bottom