thinkin about a nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbk.o4

Aquarium Advice Freak
so im thinking about expanding from my 55g freshwater to a nano sw tank. ive always wanted a sw tank and i have room on my desk for a tank. i know smaller tanks are more work just due to the fact that it is harder to keep levels stable and the smallest level change has a huge affect on the tank. but i was wondering what all i would need to get a sw tank up and going, or if there are kits that include pretty good equipment.

i pretty much only want to do like rocks at first, then if levels are stable and everything add some snails or stars or crabs something like that, probably not any fish, if i do go with a fish only one.

TIA.

Welcome to the SW side. There is a new sub forum under Saltwater Reef Aquaria for nanos. You might get better responses there. Good luck!

JBJ 12G nanocube deluxe is what I would go with if it were me. They make a 24G too. The deluxe gives you better lighting so you would be capable of keeping several types of corals at a later date as your tank ages/grows.

My suggestion, however, is if you are set on a nano as your first SW tank. Make sure you read lots before you jump into it. Arming yourself with knowledge beforehand will go a long way!!

thanks for the guidance, i just found a link to nano-reef.com so i think ill head over there for some more indepth nano guidance (figure go to the place where that is all they do lol)

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't mean to chase you off. I just meant there was a sub-0forum specifically for nanos here.....

Back
Top Bottom