Thinking about starting a reef tank again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When my clowns try to host the fs, I point at them, maintain eye contact and repeat "No! Nooo, bad clowns, this is my frogspawn, your cave is over there, nooooooo!!" Works every time!

When my clowns try to host the fs, I point at them, maintain eye contact and repeat "No! Nooo, bad clowns, this is my frogspawn, your cave is over there, nooooooo!!" Works every time!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I'll be sure to give it a try if it steps out of line haha!

They look at you funny for a second but always realize who's boss and respect your authority. Like a teenager!

Hope they aren't like teenagers. Can't exactly cut their allowance or take away their Xbox haha

Looks like I might loose my green chromis as well.

Had a bit of a family emergency the other night and never managed to do a water change in the HT (although that's only the second time there hasn't been a daily water change) I did a water change yesterday but didn't have time to test the water and when I got up this morning my chromis was at the bottom of the tank. He wasn't on his side but that's not where he usually sleeps. I txt my girlfriend a couple of hours later and she said he was still there. It must have been because I never managed to do a water change because he has been fine up until now.

I have enough water to do another 20% water change when I go home. If he is still alive and I do this water change do u guys think if I start mixing water when I get home I could do a second water change later tonight. The water would be mixing for roughly 5hrs. I can only assume there must be ammonia in the water but even with that said my clown seemed to be fine this morning

Ok so I got a closer look at the chromis today. I think that maybe him and my clown have a worm parasite. I seen a really thin stingy worm looking thing coming out the back end of both of them.

Is this unusual? I'm in bed now but will try and get a pic tomorrow.

IMG_3922.jpg
Does anyone know what these are? I know it's hard to see but they are tiny. It's the cluster of dots on the glass just under the waterline. The glass on my tank is covered in them

I have a better pic now but it won't let me upload it. I found what I think is snails eggs (white stringy things on my LR) not sure if it might just be baby snails?

Yes, squirting aiptasia with boiling water is a way of removal.
And those guys are flat worms. I'd siphon them out during your water change.

Thanks. Water change and aptasia removal are on today's to do list. Was supposed to be done yesterday but I had a stinking hangover (my hangovers are not usually bad but it's Sod's law that I would be dying yesterday)

Can those worms cause problems?

Flatworms can be pests when it comes to corals. Even ones that do not consume corals directly can have a dire outcome with them when the numbers get outrageous. The sheer number of them can prevent coral from getting any light to them and simply starve them to death.

Flatworms can be pests when it comes to corals. Even ones that do not consume corals directly can have a dire outcome with them when the numbers get outrageous. The sheer number of them can prevent coral from getting any light to them and simply starve them to death.

Ok thanks. I done a water change last night and got rid of some of them. I took my powerhead and blasted it over the rock incase there are worms there too. Got rid of most of them but not all. I'll maybe do another water change early to try and get the rest of them.

I take it you are against chemicals to get rid of them? I seen salifert have a flatworm product.

On another note. My shrimp had babies. Not sure how to upload a video.

Couldn't see any left this morning though. Both shrimp were having a feast last night. My clownfish missed out being in the HT

Back
Top Bottom