Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do any of your LFS sell shells? I have one lfs that sells various sizes of shells, the others just sell empty snail shells. You need a good sized empty conch shell. Have you ever collected shells at the beach? And if so, Still have any? A lot of the shells I put in for the hermits are from the beach on vacation.

Beengirl said:
Do any of your LFS sell shells? I have one lfs that sells various sizes of shells, the others just sell empty snail shells. You need a good sized empty conch shell. Have you ever collected shells at the beach? And if so, Still have any? A lot of the shells I put in for the hermits are from the beach on vacation.

I've never been anywhere near the ocean :/ ill check Petsmart next time I go, that's all I have near me unfortunately....

AndrewsPistol said:
I've never been anywhere near the ocean :/ ill check Petsmart next time I go, that's all I have near me unfortunately....

You've never been to the ocean!?!

How many inches is the shell he's in? I could try to find you one a little bigger and mail it to you, if your petsmart doesn't have them. :)

Mrc8858 said:
You've never been to the ocean!?!

Haha! No, lol. Tragic isn't it??? Only left Michigan 3 times ever, once to Cedar Point in Ohio, once to pick up a car in Missouri and once to Canada when I was like 10 :(

Beengirl said:
How many inches is the shell he's in? I could try to find you one a little bigger and mail it to you, if your petsmart doesn't have them. :)

That would be amazing! I would say like 2 inches. I usually go to Petsmart on Sundays, ill let ya know what I come up with ;D

Reefs2go.com offers assortments of shells for an ok price. Also petco and petsmart should have some shells by their terrariums where they keep the terrestrial hermits but I'm not sure how well those shells will sink.

AndrewsPistol said:
Haha! No, lol. Tragic isn't it??? Only left Michigan 3 times ever, once to Cedar Point in Ohio, once to pick up a car in Missouri and once to Canada when I was like 10 :(

That would be amazing! I would say like 2 inches. I usually go to Petsmart on Sundays, ill let ya know what I come up with ;D

Okay. Just PM me if you don't find anything. I have 5 or 6 LFS that have SW around here, and I can check our bin of seashells too. ;)

lovefishys said:
Wow! At our lfs it's $5.78 for 5 gallons (premixed)! We were paying $0.39 for a gallon at Dahls

Wow indeed!! My lfs charges $1.00/Gal for RODI & $2.00 premixed with salt

AndrewsPistol said:

I have never been near an ocean either. My dream vacate is to new zew zealand tho haha well...at least i finally have a reef tank to take "mental trips "

Beengirl said:
Okay. Just PM me if you don't find anything. I have 5 or 6 LFS that have SW around here, and I can check our bin of seashells too. ;)

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it! Ill def let u know :)

Spicemonkey said:
I have never been near an ocean either. My dream vacate is to new zew zealand tho haha well...at least i finally have a reef tank to take "mental trips "

That's what I'm working towards :) my own little piece of ocean! I only have mushrooms and a Xenia that my rabbit fish had decided to dine on :(

AndrewsPistol said:
Thanks so much! Really appreciate it! Ill def let u know :)

That's what I'm working towards :) my own little piece of ocean! I only have mushrooms and a Xenia that my rabbit fish had decided to dine on :(

I'd rather have a rabbit fish than Xenia any day!! :)

Beengirl said:
I'd rather have a rabbit fish than Xenia any day!! :)

Yea the Rabbit fish is pretty cool but i REALLLLLLLY wanted a Foxface! Lol. Ill definitely be getting one for the 150 :) was thinking once the 150 is up & running I will put move the rabbit fish over to that if I can keep it with a Foxface?! I'd love a nice big reef in the 75 with lots of inverts since I can't have em with a Puffer haha ;)

AndrewsPistol said:
Yea the Rabbit fish is pretty cool but i REALLLLLLLY wanted a Foxface! Lol. Ill definitely be getting one for the 150 :) was thinking once the 150 is up & running I will put move the rabbit fish over to that if I can keep it with a Foxface?! I'd love a nice big reef in the 75 with lots of inverts since I can't have em with a Puffer haha ;)

From what I've read, foxface can be kept with another foxface, but not with other types of rabbitfish. :(

AndrewsPistol said:
Definitely not what I wanted to hear :( sadface.

No, not what your BF wanted to hear. This just gives you a good reason for another tank :D lmao

Mrc8858 said:
No, not what your BF wanted to hear. This just gives you a good reason for another tank :D lmao

Bahahaa!!! Right!

I just got the scape the way I like it and now I have to move in 19 days :/ I'm not too excited lol

AndrewsPistol said:
Bahahaa!!! Right!

I just got the scape the way I like it and now I have to move in 19 days :/ I'm not too excited lol

Be sure to provide me a new mailing address then if it will be different.

Some pictures :) can't wait for my camera charger to come in the mail so I can take good pics again lol!

Attachments

• image-1007690267.jpg
    image-1007690267.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2560691441.jpg
    image-2560691441.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3677308694.jpg
    image-3677308694.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-4170326720.jpg
    image-4170326720.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2339750616.jpg
    image-2339750616.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2869176454.jpg
    image-2869176454.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-785937451.jpg
    image-785937451.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1534527271.jpg
    image-1534527271.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2303314509.jpg
    image-2303314509.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 103
That rabbitfish is beautiful!! :) Is he a little skinny? Or is that just the camera angle?

Back
Top Bottom