this sounds dumb but....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewposi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got two new false Perculas for my well established 14gal biocube. Just curious but one of the clowns will not stop swimming around the tank walls. for like the last 3 days. didn't know if this was normal or what. do you think he will eventually chill like his friend. and also any little secrets maybe to calm him?

Some fish take longer to adjust to tank environments than others. My Majestic Angelfish wouldn't leave the corner of the tank for about a week, but now he's at home, swims through caves, and explores the entire tank. I am sure your other clown will venture out more once he gets more comfortable with your tank.

Yea hes like neurotic though like trying to swim to china haha. I'm kind of new to the whole Clown fish deal anyone have some advice on what kind of anemone to get for them?

My clown fish has swam all around the tank for 8 months. I added a second clown this week. I think they paired off cuz the old one swims under my torch coral all day with the new guy out in front of him. At night they both swim in the middle of the tank under the moon light.

So i think the swimming everywhere is normal. As far as anemones go, they are not a must have. Mine stay under thier torch coral and rub on the zoo's infront of it.

Anemones require at least 4-6 WPG lighting, and a mature, stable tank(8-12 months old). Since they are delicate they need high water quality and stability. Both those things take more work/maintenance on smaller tanks(ex. high light=more heat=more evaporation= larger daily SG swings). Also many anemones can grow quite large, so nano tanks may pose issues ie stinging other coral/animals. If you can provide the right conditions bubble tip anemones are a great choice. They are readily available as aquacultured specimens which means less impact on natural resources and increased success b/c they are adapted to life in captivity. HTH

Back
Top Bottom