Thoughts on schools at various levels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think mixing barbs and white skirt tetras in a 29 gal is the best idea. Not enough room for 2 schools of fish like those at the same level IMO.

Perhaps not tiger barbs, but cherry barbs are peaceful. Or you could try a rainbowfish, like a threadfin rainbow.

I wasn't thinking of aggression so much actually. More so just room. A school of white skirts as mature size takes up some space so I'm just not sure that would allow for a school of something else in the same tank region. I wouldn't, personally.

What siva is saying is that due to the size and aggressive tendencies of the white skirts, you shouldn't do another in that level at all.

I think I disagree--I think you could do another in that same level.

No woofwoofgrrl is right actually. I re-read the whole thread to recall the details lol. In the beginning, we were talking about mixing tetras, and I do think a second type of tetra that's considered fairly mellow in the same tank region as the black skirts would be OK. I don't know if a school of barbs would work so well though. Barbs are very active and I'm not sure if they would have enough room to do their thing with the white skirts. I don't keep barbs, so my lack of experience makes me unsure. As I said before, I don't like the combo of the rasboras and the danios in my 29. Two schoolers at the same level kind of ruined the look for me. I'm not sure a 29 is quite big enough for it. Just my opinions and experiences ;)

Ah, got it. =] That works, then. Woof, let us know what you come up with!

Back
Top Bottom