Thumper828 75 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper828

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Specs:
Tank- Marineland 75 gallon ensemble from P.S.
Substrate- Black Diamond Blasting Sand
Filtration-Eheim Pro 3 Ultra G160 canister
Co2 Injection-GLA regulator
Diffusion- Rex Grigg Reactor
Fertilization-GLA PPS Pro
Lighting-2 24" Current USA Sat+ and the really crappy 36" single bright that came with the tank.....

20140722_120327.jpg

Attachments

• 20140722_120327.jpg
    20140722_120327.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 121
I would switch out the lights for a floramax bulb. Epic if you are growing plants which you are. :)

I would switch out the lights for a floramax bulb. Epic if you are growing plants which you are. :)

Stop it... stop it now:p I would up those to dual 48" sats! And ditch the stock rig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds cool. What fish will be in there? An amazon biotope would ROCK!!! And I agree you should upgrade your lighting. Perhaps one big BML fixture?

Definitely upgrading the lights.. I will probably be getting another Sat+..the duel set up worked great on my 36BF...I am really thinking about the new e-series...E-120-..though..I have been really studying on the lights, it seems BML has kinda went downhill..,folks are waiting a month+ for there lights. That little single bright led on the tank sure ain't gonna cut it!!

Sounds cool. What fish will be in there? An amazon biotope would ROCK!!! And I agree you should upgrade your lighting. Perhaps one big BML fixture?

I am going to use my current stock that is in my 36 and add a few others..panda corys,cardinal tetras,rasboras,hatchets......to name a few....

20140722_093925.jpg

Attachments

• 20140722_093925.jpg
    20140722_093925.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Its peackock moss I had from before. I hope it will bush out. I will look at those fish you recommended...what kinda "personality" do they have?

They seem nice but the rummys are a bit self centered and get jealous way too easily.

Just kidding :lol:

They are quiet fish really. The rummys swim around a lot but not boisterously, and kinda pause between laps around the tank. Glowlights I haven't had for long but they are like the rummys just more slow swimming. Both are quite docile. They are really awesome fish you wont be disappointed. Just remember the rummys are sensitive the first couple weeks you have them (not ridiculously so, just keep parameters stable) but then become solid as a rock.

Nice tank!! That's running with 2 sat+? the eseries huh? I like it and briannano seems to be very happy with their performance thus far..

Nice tank!! That's running with 2 sat+? the eseries huh? I like it and briannano seems to be very happy with their performance thus far..

Thanks Brook!..I really like the sat+ I think with a duel set up a person can gro 90% of whatever they want. Carpet plants are slow but my DHG really took off in my 36 once I went pressurized. At the moment I just have 2 24" so I just have 1 row really, across the tank.

20140724_144353.jpg

This is just one 24" sat+ in the center...got to keep one on the 36 so I can see..lol.. Still got to remove the Hairgrass from the old tank..

Anybody heard from OS lately..? I was just wondering how hes getting along.. Haven't seen many post from him....

Attachments

• 20140724_144353.jpg
    20140724_144353.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 108
Which setting do you keep it on? I heard from him a couple weeks ago, he seems to be doing alright, still adjusting but positive nonetheless..

Which setting do you keep it on? I heard from him a couple weeks ago, he seems to be doing alright, still adjusting but positive nonetheless..

I keep mine on the yellow setting most all the time....

Cool. You ever run the orange?

Cool. You ever run the orange?

Yes I do...sometimes I will put one fixture on the yellow and the other on the orange or light purple....These fixtures are really cool..I am really torn between the E-Series or just another 48" sat+.....

Back
Top Bottom