Tiger Barb and Serpae Tetra Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aragorn200237

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on these forum and I was hoping someone could give me suggestions. I have a 20G High tank with 5 Tiger Barbs (Did have 6 but one died today) and 7 Serpae Tetras. I am looking for some other fish that I could put in this tank that won't get ripped to shreds! Thanks!

:thanks: Thanks! I will keep your suggestions in mind. I've been thinking about Cory Cats for a while actually but I thought I've read some where that Tiger Barbs will pick on them.

The cories should be fine. I have 3 in my 30 with 3 tiger barbs & they keep to themselves. No one messes with the cories at all actually.

Yeah, bottom feeders are your best bet.

While they aren't aggressive, they pretty much stay out of the tigers swimming spaces so they'd hardly be noticed.

I love bristlenose plecos, but a 20 might be too small for them, 30 minimum IMO and 55 is recommended by most on here

a group of Cory's would be cool, but make sure to go for a larger species rather than pygmies and habrosus since they tend to swim mid-level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom