Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mickeybags

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really want tiger barbs but I only have a 10g. Can they live in that or is there a type of fish that is similar. I really don't want guppies or tetras

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really want tiger barbs but I only have a 10g. Can they live in that or is there a type of fish that is similar. I really don't want guppies or tetras

Tiger Barbs need at minimum 30 gallons, if you want them to be housed with other semi-aggressive fish then I recommend nothing less than 55 gallons.

I would house tiger barbs in 55 gallon or larger, they get fairly big...about the size of a silver dollar. They also require a group of 6 or more and large swimming area. I had mine in a 30 gallon when I first got them...as babies they did ok, but when they started growing they would not swim around much until I put them in my 55 gal. tank.

Sorry to say, there are not many fish that will be happy in a 10 gal, just too small. A betta would be good with maybe some shrimps

Back
Top Bottom