Tiger Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i decided to give my guppy and white cloud to my lfs, and i went to another lfs where rarer fish are at and i saw this one fish....it was only 3.99 and i love plecos and the guy told me they were called "stripped pleco" and they only grow...to like 5 inches, and this guy has always been good and i have gotten great deals from him...anyways...i got it and a dwarf gourami

i come home and look up pics on this so called "stripped pleco" it turns out to be a tiger pleco and i cant find them to be any cheaper then 20$ so i guess i totally had a deal right there

another great deal!! always fun to find :D

I doubt it's a tiger if it was 3.99, it sounds more like a clown pleco which does look similar. Both only grow 4" long. I spent 30$ on my tiger and now my LFS got some clowns in that look really really similar to my tiger but they are only 4.99

what about a Candy Stripe? I understand they stay small and are somewhat cheap.. or would just be a different name for the same thing?

Since many plecos have the same common name, the true identity of your pleco may never be known. Enjoy your little pleco and post a pic when you can!

oh i have been trying so hard, but he's so small and he wont come out for a pic....so i'm trying for the best one as soon as possible! and he does look like a few different types so i dont think i will ever be able to tell...oh well...lol

Back
Top Bottom