tight schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what is a tight schooling fish for 20-35 gallons
just a peacefull schooling fish that can go in with platys or mollys :thanks:

I love my harlequin rasboras, they school pretty tight

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There's a huge difference between 20 and 35 gallons, but as long as you stick to 2 inch fish that won't matter.

I wanted 1 for each sized tank

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I asked the same question on another forum some time ago, there are lots of fish that stay grouped but few that have a real tight schooling behavior. It seems that rummy-nose tetras have the best schooling behavior.

20g is kinda small for that, you see schooling behavior when fish move but they don't have much space in 20g. I can suggest lampeye killies, I have kept a group in my 20g, they are very cute fish, stay small, very peaceful and stay mostly grouped.

OK for 30-35 gall

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My rasboras stay together sort of in a 29 gallon, now that there are 10.

I think danios school the most tightly. Smaller types like celestial pearl danios or danio tinwinii may work if you like the look of a large group of tiny fish.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Espei Rasboras are nice. I have 7 of them in my daughter's 20g.

In the 20 you can put neons. Mine stay together most of the time. I get a straggler or 2 every so often.

Strawberry rasboras are quite tiny and they school very tightly. I've got about fifteen of them in a ten, they are charming, mid level swimmers and only now and then do I see one by itself. Usually they are all together, all the time. Very cute, peaceful and it's not too hard to tell the sexes apart either. They have a black spot on their sides, and in males it is distinctly larger than in females, along with the usual physical differences, like fuller and rounder belly on females. So unlike many fish, you can sex them with reasonable ease even though they are very small. Less than one inch full grown. Not quite as brightly coloured as Chili rasbora, but very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom