tiny question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nightswake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well at the advice of this forum i went out today and got a water test kit:cool: i wanted the api master one but all they had was nutrifin mini master so i got the nutrifin one it seems to be the same has reagents n test tubes n all so my questions are as follows

1 does anyone else use the nutrifin mini master test kit?

2 if answered yes to question 1 do you find it reliable n accurate?

3 lastly i took a test today of all the water parameters and wrote it down in a journal plan on keeping records anyone else do this/find it useful

If your curious my ph was 7.4 ammonia 1.2 no nitrates or nitrites on day 14 of a fish in cycle

Not sure on the test kit but I would suggest a large water change to get your ammonia levels down to protect your fish.

I have been doing pwc daily... and 1.2 was the lowest on the ammonia scale chart i will change the water if needed but how much ammonia should there be for the bb to grow? I dont want to extend the time it takes to cycle srry so many questions this is my first tank.... and :thanks: for responding

1.2 seems pretty high for a minimum reading, i dont know much but my test kits 3 lowest readings are 0. .25 .5 maybe find another pet store and get a better test kit

Srry just checked the test kit the chart for ammonia goes 0,.6,1.2,2.4,3.6 etc... so it wasnt the lowest on the chart

Just keep doing large pwc daily to keep ammonia down. You'll see nitrites soon, and eventually nitrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have not yet retested the tap water i will today when i test the aquariums water and ill post the results. . Thanks for reaponding addison u r the best

No problem! Anything to help a fellow fish lover! ? keep us updated, and if you have any more questions please ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In response to your questions,
1-No
2-N/A
3-In the beginning I did, but haven't in years.

Def keep up on the WC's since your doing a fish in cycle. You really want that to be as low as possible. Even if you do 2 WC's daily (one morning and night) it will help immensely. With a higher pH, ammonia is even more deadly to the fish. When the pH is lower, there is a concern but it is not as great. I believe Mebbid had a chart regarding the pH/ammo relationship and tolerances for those.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Thanks for answering. N i will continue with the daily water changes... also the test kit i got has that chart with ph reading and ammonia reading and where they intersect on the chart is either red yellow or green pretty easy to use im finding it handy

Thanks for answering. N i will continue with the daily water changes... also the test kit i got has that chart with ph reading and ammonia reading and where they intersect on the chart is either red yellow or green pretty easy to use im finding it handy

That's great to know they have it. Maybe that's the same one that was shared previously. I will have to go search for it now. Does the chart have a specific name or part/model number associated ?

Edit: Found it.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Finally tested my tap water.. ph is 7.5 no ammonia no nitrates no nitrites its hard water. And really no one has the nutrifin test kit...

Back
Top Bottom