Tiny snails on Xmas moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexenus1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, I’ve bought some Xmas moss on eBay and noticed couple tiny creatures, didn’t pay too much attention, manually removed them and left the moss to grow in a separate container. 2 weeks later I decided to plant the moss in my fish tank, I’ve checked again every inch for dead branches etc and put it in the tank. A week later I noticed a group of these guys on my moss (see pics). What are they? Should I be worried? I don’t have any fish yet. Besides moss a have riccia, anubias and baby tears.IMG_1519621627.025563.jpgIMG_1519621647.262673.jpg

Looks like baby ramshorns. They can be really pretty when full grown! The bother some people but you are likely stuck with them. You could get a few assassin snail they love ramshorns and pond snails.

Looks like baby ramshorns. They can be really pretty when full grown! The bother some people but you are likely stuck with them. You could get a few assassin snail they love ramshorns and pond snails.

Are they soft plants safe? Like mosses and dwarf baby tears?

Back
Top Bottom