tire track eel question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FxT4LyFx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
have had my eel for 4 years, since it was a baby. in my 270l/71g tank. over that time every now again i fed it earthworms as a treat cus it says they need live food and they love earthworms. my eel used to eat heaps but a few months ago stopped eating any, if it accidently does it spits them back out again. why is this? it eats all its other food like frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp.

No clue, are you getting the earthworms from a different supplier now? Maybe it's just decided they aren't tasty any longer.

Nope, well to be more specific i get them from underneath the compost. i used to feed them every now again as a treat or if i ran out of fish food but the eel now refuses to eat them? it also always has its mouth open lately? is that normal?

i think my eel has cotton mouth, what can i do?

There are antifungal meds that should take care of it. Fungus is a secondary infection that attacks injured tissue.

it seems pretty bad. It wont close its mouth and doesnt eat properly. I have just bought a api master test kit and some melafix online. will the melafix help? I really cant have my eel die, it is the reason i got my tank.. :/

Back
Top Bottom