TMRC's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics of the hansbaenschii are coming, brother. Im just havin a crazy crazy work week. Ill get some really soon for ya.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it possible the missing fry is just hiding really good?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Its a possibility since the tank is pretty heavily planted but i looked again last night to no avail. The other two are doing well.

Pics of the hansbaenschii are coming, brother. Im just havin a crazy crazy work week. Ill get some really soon for ya.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Cool ryno, no rush. Poseidon has been wanting some new side chicks. He's been in breeding colors near constantly lately. Unfortunately my preggo female spit this round of fry about 4 days into holding. I'm not really sure, she had raised the last three batches to free swimmers, not this time though.

Just added a clown to the reef tank, since ya know, every sw tank has to have a clownfish. He is actually pretty cool, and he makes the firefish more comfortable in open water. Looking to move this setup to the 29 gallon soon.

Just added a clown to the reef tank, since ya know, every sw tank has to have a clownfish. He is actually pretty cool, and he makes the firefish more comfortable in open water. Looking to move this setup to the 29 gallon soon.

Some think they are overrated but they definitely can be the life of a nano tank. I love my snowflake and can't wait for pics of yours.

Caleb

Clowns are just so derpy lol! Such great fish and every sw tank needs them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looking good! Just needs corals!

Yeah, that's coming soon. I also want to start substituting in a few pounds of some really nice figi LR my LFS has, I'm not a real fan of most of the base rock we used.

Thanks CB!
I'm getting close to ready to swap my south/central american cichlid tank (for lack of a better description) to the 60 gallon while moving my male peacock cichlid along with some females I hope to acquire from poppa ryno to a 40b in their current spot. I've also lost a single male cherry barb and a clown barb missing from the 29, its open top so they may have jumped.

If we can get the FM/sev combo moved to the 60 gallon and the peacock in the 40b then it will open the 29 for our reef to move into. If that's the case I'm contemplating a deep sand bed with 30 lbs of rock. Its time for some new lights. We've added a second aquaclear 30 to the tank running carbon on top of the purigen in HOB1. Current stock includes 1 purple firefish, 1 clown fish, 1 indigo Dottyback, 5 hermits. The shrimp seem to have disappeared, go figure.

Has anyone else ever noticed that clown fish is essentially an underwater puppy? I swear the best thing I can compare my clown to is a little dog lol. Just wondering if anyone else sees it.

Has anyone else ever noticed that clown fish is essentially an underwater puppy? I swear the best thing I can compare my clown to is a little dog lol. Just wondering if anyone else sees it.

YES!!! My Clowns and GBR are my wet puppies!!!

Or maybe a puppy is just a terrestrial clownfish? :brows: Beat the system :whistle::facepalm:

My clown is like that old mean cat. Bites you when it wants food and attention.

Caleb

Thats more like my GBR, I put my hand in the tank and it gets attacked by the female! I haven't noticed it with my clowns though.

Thats more like my GBR, I put my hand in the tank and it gets attacked by the female! I haven't noticed it with my clowns though.

It will come just wait....

One of my LFS employees had a Clarkii bite him and drew blood. They get mean lol. Disney got it all wrong.

Caleb

Clowns may be damsels but damsels are not clowns. My little puppy isn't a killer. U guys stahp! Though being I keep pitbulls my idea of the average dog might not be yours. I stand by my clown=puppy paradox.

So I've had a hermit sit in the same spot for 8 days, he kinda bedded up against some rock and hasn't budged. I've seen some movement, I know he is alive but it seems pretty odd. Has anyone seen this type of behavior from hermit crabs? Lazy crab? Or dying crab?

Probably dying. Or he found the best eatery in your tank...:D

Back
Top Bottom