To many snails!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so how do i get rid of peskey pond snails? They have taken over my tank i have tried the lettuce thing but no sucsses the best thing im doing now is i have an ordament that is multicolored and it is a magnet but is not enough!! So any esier (sp?) ways to rid of them pests?!

butterfly_koi said:
What is your stock? After looking it up I've read that clown and yo yo loaches will eat the snails

A clown loach would get way too big for his tank. Yoyo's tend to be hard to find, but most LFSs tend to carry polka dot loaches also known as: (angiculus botia or burmese border loach)

butterfly_koi said:
What is your stock? After looking it up I've read that clown and yo yo loaches will eat the snails

Stock is 2 swordtail gourami i molly 4 corys female betta albino pleco

FishFanatic88 said:
A clown loach would get way too big for his tank. Yoyo's tend to be hard to find, but most LFSs tend to carry polka dot loaches also known as: (angiculus botia or burmese border loach)

Very true sorry I wasn't aware of the size, as far as the yoyos they are not that hard to find. But I assume that it would depend on where you live, my lfs sells them as well as the botia kubotai (aka polka dot)

Great but is there another way cause my closest fish store is about an hr away so cant go often any quicker ideas. Will look into polka dot loaches

i use a dirty piece of glass from an old tank and put it in there daily and pull it out with the snails on it. . other than that they make a liquid snail killer but you should probably put the fish in something else while doing this,

butterfly_koi said:
Very true sorry I wasn't aware of the size, as far as the yoyos they are not that hard to find. But I assume that it would depend on where you live, my lfs sells them as well as the botia kubotai (aka polka dot)

Where i live none of the 4 LFSs sell yoyos. i would love to have a group of polka dots and yoyos but i just cant find them. i wish i lived by one of yall!! thanks for mentioning botia kubotai i almost forgot that is there other name. by me they sell as angiculus botia.

PS i would not use liquid snail killer!!! it most likely will also kill fish as mentioned above but also plants!

ive been trying to find snails again!!! sounds odd i know but i have an oscar that loves them!! the lfs i used to live by had a major snail problem so i would go in once a week and get snails. but the branch of the same store that i live by now has imaculate tanks and no snails :( u could mail me some!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom