Todd's 240g Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be honest, I get to sit here and be both impressed and jealous of your free several hundred dollar fish. I've never seen one until you said 'hey look at this'. That is just really cool. Hope things turn out well with it, he doesn't look as beat up as he sounded like he could have been.

I'll be honest, I get to sit here and be both impressed and jealous of your free several hundred dollar fish. I've never seen one until you said 'hey look at this'. That is just really cool. Hope things turn out well with it, he doesn't look as beat up as he sounded like he could have been.

You can tell his tail was chomped down to a stub, but a lot has grown back. I guess this guy had it in his sump for 5 months and finally decided that feeding the sump wasn't working. The fish is chunky though, not at all starved looking like I guess I assumed it would be. I'm just hoping it made the drive okay, as it was not looking as good as I would have wanted when I put it in the tank.

I've been at work all day, so will see what has happened when I get home.

It is a great looking fish, but not. $250-$300 great. I'm not sure any fish is, IMO. Maybe an adult male Scribbled Angel? I'll take it for free though. I'm glad the wife and I happened to be out in his area last weekend and that nobody grabbed it last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Update...got home from work and went straight to the tank to see if the Borbonius was out. Didn't see it anywhere...looked in the cave, didn't see anything...looked down the side of the tank that's up against the wall and there is a little opening that I could see through and way in the back, I could see a big blue eye. I moved the mag-float around to clean the side and the eye was gone. Apparently it found a safe spot tucked way in the back. I'm figuring after months of being in a so, this gal is going to take a while to be brave and come out. Still alive after 24 hours works for me, for now.

She was out looking around this morning before lights were on. Still darts for the rocks if I get close, but a big step forward.

Just came home and the Blonde Naso is dead. Yellow Tang, Spotted Rabbitfish, Hawk and Lawnmower all look fine. The Blonde never has shown any sign of disease, ate like a pig, seemed totally fine this morning. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sorry about the loss Todd. How did the naso look? Any signs as to what killed it?

No. Looked totally normal. I looked really close at the others and they all look okay. They all swam around together too, so zero aggression.

Bizarre. I'm assuming parameters are in check as well?

I hate when fish die without a explanation.

I just checked...everything is normal. Zero nitrates, Phosphates .25. (I never have zero), pH 8.0, KH 8, salinity 1.024.

Well, the good news is that the other fish still look good this morning. The guy I am buying everything through now had his guy at the wholesale place today and he picked me up another. The new one is a lot larger though... Apparently about 9-10".

Sent from my iPhone using Aquariu

Dont wanna rub it in todd but I found a wholesaler that deals with mainly scribbled angels I tell you what there beautiful fish check out this bad boy. Also there was this angel for got the name of it but beautiful these are all collected from the west coast of australia

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1411709338176.jpg
    1411709338176.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 1411709352262.jpg
    1411709352262.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 1411709365765.jpg
    1411709365765.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 101
I am so sorry to hear about your fish! I am glad that all others are OK and that you are getting another.

Dont wanna rub it in todd but I found a wholesaler that deals with mainly scribbled angels I tell you what there beautiful fish check out this bad boy. Also there was this angel for got the name of it but beautiful these are all collected from the west coast of australia

That's cool. They really are one of my favorites, if not my favorite. I'm seriously considering just butting the bullet and having my guy try to find one. The cost scares me, especially when I have an incident like my Blonde Naso dying for no apparent reason. I've heard/seen that they are successfully captive- breeding Scribbleds now, so I may see about getting one of those.
I can't tell what that other Angel is. If you are ever back, see if you can find out.

I am so sorry to hear about your fish! I am glad that all others are OK and that you are getting another.

I'm still bummed, but I also can't wait to see the new one. It's gonna look huge next to my others that are about 4". I hope they all get along. I'm getting a great deal on it too. I'm figuring a 10-11" Blonde probably retails for $180+ and I'm getting it for a few zoa frags.

This guy has just started shipping the angels he has 3 going over to japan soon

Back
Top Bottom