Tons of convict fry!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
O I got a few cons a few weeks ago and just now I realized there were some fry then i looked closer and there's a ton!!
What do I do w/ all of them and what do I feed them??? I ordered some brine shrimp eggs yesterday...
Pic...

SO I got a few cons a few weeks ago and just now I realized there were some fry then i looked closer and there's a ton!!
What do I do w/ all of them and what do I feed them??? I ordered some brine shrimp eggs yesterday...
Pic...

image-2721626234.jpg

Congrats! I bought a baby fish food at the store called "first bites" but all you have to do is crush some flake food and they should eat that.

I just got rid of my convicts today, i had a breeding pair full grown. They were producing 300 fry every month or two!!! Good luck, i fed them crushed flakes

Its hard to say by the pic but it looks like they are swimming around so probably 3 to 6 days

They really breed like bunnies.......... like i said, i gave mine up today cause there were just so many. But i kept some fry from a while ago and have those. I have about 20 that are .5 inches with stripes already. Im gonna let those grow up, sell some but keep a pair to breed

Ralphie126 said:
They really breed like bunnies.......... like i said, i gave mine up today cause there were just so many. But i kept some fry from a while ago and have those. I have about 20 that are .5 inches with stripes already. Im gonna let those grow up, sell some but keep a pair to breed

I kno they breed like bunnies! What is the easiest way to get rid of the fry? Or when they get bigger can u sell them?

It will take a while for them to grow big enough to really be sold to people. Or you could let the other fish in the tank eat them as feeders

Ralphie126 said:
It will take a while for them to grow big enough to really be sold to people. Or you could let the other fish in the tank eat them as feeders

How can I do that w/out the other fish getting ripped up by the parents?

To save the fry you cold put the female in a separate tank, then after giving birth. Take her out and into your main tank.

if you want the other fish to eat them as feeder, take the parents out for 5 mins and they eat them all

Well, my parents ate my fry. My lfs said 1-2inches and it took mine about a month to reach 3/4 to 1in then they died.

Back
Top Bottom