too much coraline??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mazilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was just wondering if it's possible to have too much coraline algae? i noticed it has really started taking off in my tank. there are tons of spots on the glass, all the freshly cured lr is getting covered, even areas on the sand are now covered. i also noticed my sponge which i hide under an old plate coral skeleton that had some coraline on it is now half pink/purple. my inlet and inlet/outlet tubes are getting nicely encrusted in bright pink and purple. so, is there such a thing as too much, and if so how should i control it? thanks

it is a matter of personal prefrence . On the rocks I would say never too much , on the glass keep it from the front and side pannels of glass ... Control can be gotten by scraping it off the areas you dont want with a razor blade. On equipment by soaking in white vinegar and scrubbing with a brush or scrub and toss pad and rinse well HTH

cool, i would prefer to have more of it. is there anything wrong with having it on the sides of the glass? i would like to only have the front clear eventually.

I'd like to keep the sides somewhat clear so that I can view the tank from another angle... allows more viewing/observing pleasure ;) also allows looking behind rockwork for a missing snail or whatever :D

I agree that its a matter of personal preference. I keep my front glass and right side glass clear. At least you know you have proper calcium levels.

Back
Top Bottom