Took the nastiest thing outta the tank today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BOTLFED

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ill take up the least amount of your time cause i see that there are 10000 worm posts. I did a search but didnt find what i found this morning.

Its green and red and hides under the gravel. The only reason I noticed it was because it has little green tentacles that pop outta the rocks. Although when i scooped them out into a glass the tentacles were red. They are real thin tentacles and are lay out over the rock. Looked like a clump of small worms actually. I just dug down with my poker and pulled out an inch long slug looking thing. 4 of them!!!! Couldnt take pics cause it hides and i have the worst digital camera ever made, but its real ugly and im hoping its not dangerous and how to get rid of them.

The rest of the tank is fine except these white hollowed out tubes that seem to grow. Kinda like a one of those tubed spider webs.

Any help or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated. If this thing goes south im taking the tank down for good

I wouldn't touch anything red tentacled with my bare hands (sometimes a warning of stingers) but otherwise I wouldn't worry just yet. If you could isolate one in a bowl and take a picture, that would be cool.

Ugly usually doesn't mean dangerous. Sometimes dangerous to people still means good things for the tank. Lots of these guys that hide in the rock and sand eat up debris we wouldn't want rotting down there. If you see fish missing, or chunks missing out of corals, then it's time to fish out any unidentified critters in the tank.

The tubes could be tube coral, entirely harmless, it can add some nice character to your live rock.

lol Beauty is as beauty does. Sounds like sandmason woms and are actually pretty beneficial to your tank. Of course, a photo, even a bad one would help but that is my "guess". :)

Thanks guys. Everything is OK fish and coral-wise, so ill leave it alone. I have to warn u guys though, I will run right back to the computer and post some more questions if I see anything threatning. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom