Top up water??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rossij101 said:
Would water from my long established fw tank be ideal top up water for my marine????

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Looking for quick reply half way through fw water change!?!?

You talking take FW from your FW tank and add it to your SW tank for top off. No, you dont want to do that. No telling what`s in the tank. I`m sure plenty of excessive nutrients. If anything go to Walmart and get some RO water.

melosu58 said:
You talking take FW from your FW tank and add it to your SW tank for top off. No, you dont want to do that. No telling what`s in the tank. I`m sure plenty of excessive nutrients. If anything go to Walmart and get some RO water.

No wallmart here mate live in Liverpool UK but thanks 4 responce won't be doing that now!!!

Hopefull there is someone there that sells RO water. You dont want tap or FW from your FW tank.

melosu58 said:
Hopefull there is someone there that sells RO water. You dont want tap or FW from your FW tank.

Waiting to buy RO Di unit at the moment!! Have always used tap water on it for over a year now.I have got a 20 gallon marine tank now also which is why im buying filter unit. Obviously I will use water from it on both tanks. The fresh water tank has never had any problems but I know if I we're to continue to use tap, I would be heading to disaster..

Rossij101 said:
Waiting to buy RO Di unit at the moment!! Have always used tap water on it for over a year now.I have got a 20 gallon marine tank now also which is why im buying filter unit. Obviously I will use water from it on both tanks. The fresh water tank has never had any problems but I know if I we're to continue to use tap, I would be heading to disaster..

Obviously I treat the water

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom