Torn, maybe you can help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The BC I got had a ton of algae when I got it and am still working on getting rid of it. The deals are there. I searched like 7 diff things to find the deals

Yea I'd check craigslist to. I got a 150 gallon tank for my nitro rc car and a truck tool box. It came with the stand and the sump tank. I just gotta get a return pump, sand, rock and fish

Does this sound "fishy" :)

100 bucks if I pick up.It's about 2 hours away. Everything included stand rocks etc... but no fish.

View attachment 60351

View attachment 60352

Spoke with him. He said he has the tank running because he wants people to see that it's all working and has no leaks. Reason for selling? He said he bought a 200 gallon tank and it's established and ready for fish so he just wants to get rid of it and he said it will take about 2 days for him to break it down and clean it.

Last edited:
SwimsWithFish said:
How big is it? If the light is good I'd say it's a good deal!!!!!

He said its a 75 gallon bow front. And I'm more then welcome to see it working before making a decision. Just the ride of 2 hours to look at it working then to go back after he breaks it all down.

Also I'm new to this whole thing. He stated in the stand is a pump? And filter? And the tank is piped? There's a circulator? Sorry this is all new. Does that make sense? He said all piped and ready.

So its sand rocks lights powerheada etc. I would say jump on it for 100. Id drive 2 hourfor that

mdavidson said:
So its sand rocks lights powerheada etc. I would say jump on it for 100. Id drive 2 hourfor that

That's what he's saying! He's like come get it I have no room, just wanna get rid of it.

I just got a 125 acrylic with rock sand etc w extras for 400 so no not really.

When you go look at the tank ask questions lots of questions. Have you used any copper meds in the tank? That will effect the invertebrates you can have. Hold old are the bulbs? Bulb replacements get expensive and should always be considered needing to be changed out. Look for deep scratches on the glass. Ask about the power heads they look like koralias to me. To me that tank looks pretty new because of the rocks but if he didn't have any coraline algae to start with that is why it isn't growing in there now. If it has compact fluorescent lights I would upgrade to a t5 light system. I can't tell if that is a deep blue light or not. Ask about the filter too find out if it is a sump or a canister. All of this should be asked before you go.

He said he had it 2 months and upgraded. He said he upgrades all the time and has sold a lot of his tanks on cl. He says it's an addiction an every time he gets a tank he wants a bigger and found a good deal on the one he just bought so he just wants to unload this one to someone who will take care of it and appreciate it.

I will ask those questions when I speak to him again. Anything else I should ask or be looking for?

And thank you.

SwimsWithFish said:
I'd go for it

I just wanna go see it and ask some questions. Seems like a nice guy. Won't hurt to go see it. I'll bring the money and if all is well I'll do it. An then it begins!! :)

Convict2161 said:
I just wanna go see it and ask some questions. Seems like a nice guy. Won't hurt to go see it. I'll bring the money and if all is well I'll do it. An then it begins!! :)

Yaya! Let me know when you start a build thread!!!

I always thought it was intimidating from what I heard and read. But it isnt as intimidating as I originally thought. I am totally enjoying salt water a ton. Still love my cichlids though too

Well the tank was a bust. I spoke with the guy, seemed like a really nice guy and didn't know anything about what he had. He was offering EVERYTHING you could think of except fish. We spoke in great length tonight an he told me he had like 30 calls since he posted it on CL.

He said people were offering like 50 dollars more then he was asking. He was taken back by all the attention so I couldn't do it after hearing his story and tough times so instead I educated him on what exactly he had. He's taking it off CL and is gonna re list for more money. While on the phone with him I checked CL and eBay also googled some of the equipment he had. He was getting robbed and I couldn't do that to him!

Yeah I have a heart and soft side. He was so thankful for all the info and what little knowledge I had to offer but he realized then why so many people were calling and why it started a bidding war. He had no idea the the filter system he had alone was worth 200 bucks then the 2 power heads and a slew of other equipment.

Anyway I feel better that I did a good thing. And he told me if it doesn't sell he will give it to me to enjoy as he has no need for it anymore. I told him thank you very much but to re list it and see what happens. He insisted on giving it to me of it doesn't sell and thanked me for being a stand up guy and for being so honest.

That alone was worth it. No fish tank can make me feel as good as I did knowing I helped some stranger. Anyway. I told him good luck and in ending the conversation he said thank you for being a firefighter and if it doesn't sell by thanksgiving to please except it as a gift. I told him thank you and I hope he sells it and gets some money back but if he doesn't sell it to give me a call and we'll talk.

Well that's the story. Have a good night.

Convict2161 said:
Well the tank was a bust. I spoke with the guy, seemed like a really nice guy and didn't know anything about what he had. He was offering EVERYTHING you could think of except fish. We spoke in great length tonight an he told me he had like 30 calls since he posted it on CL.

He said people were offering like 50 dollars more then he was asking. He was taken back by all the attention so I couldn't do it after hearing his story and tough times so instead I educated him on what exactly he had. He's taking it off CL and is gonna re list for more money. While on the phone with him I checked CL and eBay also googled some of the equipment he had. He was getting robbed and I couldn't do that to him!

Yeah I have a heart and soft side. He was so thankful for all the info and what little knowledge I had to offer but he realized then why so many people were calling and why it started a bidding war. He had no idea the the filter system he had alone was worth 200 bucks then the 2 power heads and a slew of other equipment.

Anyway I feel better that I did a good thing. And he told me if it doesn't sell he will give it to me to enjoy as he has no need for it anymore. I told him thank you very much but to re list it and see what happens. He insisted on giving it to me of it doesn't sell and thanked me for being a stand up guy and for being so honest.

That alone was worth it. No fish tank can make me feel as good as I did knowing I helped some stranger. Anyway. I told him good luck and in ending the conversation he said thank you for being a firefighter and if it doesn't sell by thanksgiving to please except it as a gift. I told him thank you and I hope he sells it and gets some money back but if he doesn't sell it to give me a call and we'll talk.

Well that's the story. Have a good night.

Aww:) you did a good thing. Your right there's nothing that comes close to that feeling. Cheers to you!

Thanks! :)

I'm still looking though. I'll find one. Already emailed a guy. 72g bow front with stand 300 bucks. Hour drive from me.

Back
Top Bottom