Tricky one for you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristall-99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I First caught a glimpse of this when i brought home a rock with some mushrooms on it from the lfs. Its moved to 2 different rocks this being the last. Im ruling out bristle worms as they are more centipede like. Im just undure what this/they are. Im not sure if its all one animal or 3 small ones together.

dsc1160r.jpg

well bummer. hope i got you all. I haven't been able to see the full thing yet so i couldn't be sure. It crossed my mind but again i hadnt seen the full thing yet.

Thanks!

I will test you guys again with another picture. I was looking around for my shrimp when i saw him hiding around with these little guys. Theres very little/no current in this area and they look like tiny fish

dsc1165n.jpg

they could. ive never saw and orange-ish eggs from my 2 clowns as thats the only fish i have but im pretty sure that my male is still to young to reproduce. Ive never seen my shrimp tucked away in his spot and he hasn't moved since i last say him a few hours ago. What do baby shrimp look like? Are shrimp Asexual?

haha your telling me. at first i couldnt tell what it was either. i saw little "things" circulating around each other till i stared loinger and noticed it was some sort of organism. And yea magnification is needed. Even with my DSLR its tough to get a good light, mm to get a half decent picture.

Here's a picture of one of my ministars:
img_1092017_0_86ed69985f23b32331311149ae01e7fb.jpg

normally all you see are their legs.lol

The inbred kind! ;) It's funny because even my Linckia Multifasa has six legs. Must be the water. I must get myself a starfish test kit. You know what they say, " Don't add it if you can't test for it....LOL

Last edited:
could they be tiny fish?

I have to wonder about that too.

At first I thought they were just copepods, but when you look at the full size picture, it sure looks like you can see an eye-spot on them and the shape looks kind of fish-like. The shape doesn't look like any pod I've seen. Never seen baby shrimp though. (Yes... shrimp are asexual.)

My CBS pair spawn all the time. Makes for extra protein. The thing that's confusing is that when my CBS (coral banded shrimp) spawn it would cause all the fish to go into a frensy trying to eat as many as possible.
img_1092185_0_322b78acf6cea98666933f33d8c29c76.jpg

To add to my other post. the thing that's different is that your fish don't seem to want any??

Back
Top Bottom