Trigger V Trigger Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
:D I have an undulate trigger in my 150 litre tank with a volitan lion and 2 zebra morays im just wondering if anyone has had experience with undulates and what kind of triggers would go well with them? I've heard clown and fuscus triggers are compatible..?

Cheers

Undulated triggers, from my experience, seem to be highly aggressive. A buddy of mine managed to squeeze a red tooth niger trigger, undulated trigger, and queen trigger into a 75 gal. He hasn't really had many problems. He claims that the red tooth niger is the dominant trigger in the tank. I would assume that the clown trigger would most likely be compatible. But definately when keeping triggers together, tank size is extremely important. 150 liters (about 39 gallons) in my opinion is too small to keep even a single mature trigger. HTH

Yes. The undulated trigger is one of the most aggressive triggers, besides the Queen Trigger and Clown trigger. It's a 50/50 chance adding another trigger. It depends on aggressiveness and personality.

39G is WAY to small for any of these Triggers.

Mike

A Lion with those triggers can be trouble, keep a eye on the triggers they like to pick at lions and can kill your lion.

Kaye

Welcome to AA!!! :D :D :D Honestly, a 40gal tank is a bit tight for almost any trigger. Mix them with a lion or something in a tank of that size and I think it could spell trouble. JMHO...Lando

I didnt see the tank size and have to agree it is to small for a trigger the lion grows very very fast and if this is a Volitan it will out grown your system within a year. IMO It will be a matter of time before the clown trigger kills both in that size tank.

Kaye

i wont be keeping them when they mature.. when they are close to outgrowing i sell off to my lfs.. im not that cruel.. my undulate is very docile to say the least.. so a clown is the most appropriate to go with if i do.. the trigger is only 4 inches atm..

Back
Top Bottom