Triggers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet.. I am always told triggers n reefs dont mix but I've got corals and small fish with my 10 triggers.. I just saw ur tank on ur thread looks awesome love the natural light system

Haha yer but I've got a clown a fuscus a undulated jus to name a few of mine and there all the most aggressive u can get ... An they r fine even with my shark ges I jus got a lucky streak ... And was told u can't pair up triggers unless bought as a pair but I've pair to rectangles and two red tooth.. Lol blue jaw is a nice trigger tho have one of em..

I have a Niger Trigger, but I will be giving him away soon because he is too agressive for me.

One of my trigger fish always chases the other one is it ok? And the one that is always being chased color isn't bold unless he's eating is that ok?

10 triggers in a 433L tank not including sump upgrading to a 648L tank .. Depends what type of triggers r chasing what if there the same breed or alot smaller could be a problem if he is pale in colour means he is unhappy n u will need to sort something out how long has it been going on for

That's roughly 114 and 171 gallons respectfully.... def not big enough for 10 triggers of which you have the 2 most aggressive ones... and nowhere even remotely close to big enough for a shark. Not yelling at you or anything of the sorts, just like to help out... you will have ALOT of problems with those triggers once they start reaching adult sizes.

redsea said:
I have a Niger Trigger, but I will be giving him away soon because he is too agressive for me.

If you are serious, please inbox me....I love niger triggers

triggers88 said:
10 triggers in a 433L tank not including sump upgrading to a 648L tank .. Depends what type of triggers r chasing what if there the same breed or alot smaller could be a problem if he is pale in colour means he is unhappy n u will need to sort something out how long has it been going on for

We have had them for two weeks they are the same breed. It's colour started doin that yesterday. It's only been goin on for one day. So I should separate them?

Id watch them closely for a few days... its not uncommon for triggers to "play" .... heck I had two domino damsels that would chase eachother ALL day and the one was constantly changing colors lol

Yer I do agree huma I am in the process right now of changing it to a 6 ft tank shark is
Only very small n has a bigger tank to go to once it exceeds mine.. Thing about triggers is they need there homes so if u have enuf Rock and good hiding spots they will all live happily ...

Im sure that in a monster tank they most def would.. buying even a roughly 175g tank, ten adult triggers are gonna cause some damage.. on that aspect I have to respectfully disagree with you. A majority of triggers can grow 10-12 inches, some , like the queen and titan, can reach 24", that's a huge honking fish

Yea. The triggers while also kill the shark as well as each other in order to make space for themselves to swim. The reason we are disagreeing is because it's not fair for the fish and you'll lose money as well because of deaths that will occur

I can't imagine 10 in one tank of any size(in home tanks)would love a pic to see
I got rid of my humu after 3 years because he killed 3 fish..I now have a clown and blue throat(in QT ATM) in a 280..Would consider 1 more ...

I love triggers,and big fish also,thats why i respect the fact they need room to grow and swim and not bump into eachother..,,and triggers swim,,mine are nonstop all day

huma-huma said:
Id watch them closely for a few days... its not uncommon for triggers to "play" .... heck I had two domino damsels that would chase eachother ALL day and the one was constantly changing colors lol

They are bruasas they are about a 1 1/2 inches. Also the one that looses color when we got we thought it was dead my bf freaked and just put in directly in the tank to see if it would come back and he did. We had them shipped to us.

Yer I do agree but obviously I am not goig to keep them wen they are that big.... They are tiny ATM

Triggers will kill ur shark by first blinding him by poking his eyes out. Sharks can only be housed with Rays and other peaceful fish that are very large.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom