Trying a fish-less cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koppriecht

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello again

I can't seem to get my ammonia to go down despite my Nitrate rising. Here are my numbers for the past few days. Really confused by what is going on. Any help would be appreciated. I can give more info if needed.

95003-albums14114-picture67418.jpg

Also, when getting readings from the test kit are you supposed to look down through the top of the test tube or look from the side. It is definitely darker from the top.

Usually the sides, does your aquarium with stability. It will boost bacteria growth and help start an efficient nitrogen cycle within your aquarium. What size aquarium do you have, an what is your filtration?

I suspect that you are having trouble accurately reading the ammonia test. If you are using the API kit the color difference in the 4-6 range is not that great.

Your readings other than that look good.

Also, when getting readings from the test kit are you supposed to look down through the top of the test tube or look from the side. It is definitely darker from the top.
From the side

Usually the sides, does your aquarium with stability. It will boost bacteria growth and help start an efficient nitrogen cycle within your aquarium.
I don't see much reason to dose with BiaB at this point. The cycle seems to be going along well.

Usually the sides, does your aquarium with stability. It will boost bacteria growth and help start an efficient nitrogen cycle within your aquarium. What size aquarium do you have, an what is your filtration?

I have a 110 gallon tank with a Marineland C-530 canister filter.

One thing about Fishless cycles is that the readings will drive you insane.....Did you test your water source for Nitrates?

Back
Top Bottom