Trying something different

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice Glen..........ur makin me think about rolling up my glosso.
That last pic..............the lighting is PERFECT!

Your lawn makes it look way bigger and deeper than a 10g. Great tank as always.

Thanks for the comments guys, the tank is getting there. :) I really liked the glosso in my 20 but it just grows to fast and wild. It grew into, over and on top of everything else. When and if I get a bigger tank I will grow it again, think it just needs more room. I am lucky as HC has always grown good for me. The lighting on the tank now is a single 6700 PC fixture, running it continuous for 10 hrs.

It's a 65 watt coralife fixture, exactly like the one I will eventually lend you! Yes, I have 2 of them. I do like the colour alot, especially with the greens, though I think reds still look nicer with the quantum bulbs. I tried this bulb on the tank because I broke one of the sections of the glass top, 1 double t-6 fixture wasn't enough light, thats all I could fit on one glass panel. I usually run 2 fixtures. There is no glass top needed now as this light has the mounting legs. Been on for a couple of weeks, no problems. Just do not forget to dose and don't let the C02 levels drop!

lol the only difference was that i was planning on running that light over 20 gal tank not a 10 lol. i am probaably going to buy that tank tomorrow so i will figure out a way to get it off u.

Quick update, nothing really special. HC is out, trying some new stuff. Tropica Crypt parva and Brazilian micro sword foreground. The S valerandi is slowly getting taller in the midground, pink Ammania S. tucked in behind. I'm hoping it will form a triple teared look, Ammania tallest in the back, S. valerandi then the foreground. Patiently waiting for it all to grow and fill in, see how it turns out :)

This 10 gallon is the only tank worthy of any pics in my house at the moment. Letting the tank get over grown so when I get moved I'll have some extra plants to start new tanks. Just mainly wanted to show the growth of the Samolus valerandi, it has filled in nice. This plant seems to like to grow out of the substrate, hanging on just by the roots with the whole plant hovering above the substrate. I have noticed if you push it back into the substrate it dosn't grow as well, sometimes even rots at substrate level. By letting it hover out of the substrate, it has done much better for me.

wow it is full lol. i really like that plant. you have a nice selection in there. i like the crypt on the right side aswell. how is the pressurized going? everything looks super healty. oh and when am i gonna get that light lol? when ya movin? i have lots of questions lol.

Hey Mr. funk, that Crypt on the right is Undulata broad leaf, from Tropica. I have two of them, I'll get some to you when it warms up a bit.
Pressurized is great, so much easier and consistant than DIY.
I'm glad I did DIY as long as I did though, I learned alot about dealing with inconsistant C02 levels, and how to deal with the problems associated with it. Makes me appreciate pressurized even more.
I am moving Jan 25, not far from where I am now, I will still have my magic red plant water!
I just picked up 2 x 130wt light fixtures, I am setting up multiple tanks when I get moved, may need that light now! If I don't use it I'll try to get it to you sometime over the course of the winter.

lol glad u wont be loosing your magical water. its all good about the light. i may be scraping the bigger planted tank and getting my hands salty this christmas. i will be buying the coralife fixture for a 15 gal nano. same as u have but 50/50 bulb. we will have to arrange a trade some time next year. i know u still wanta peice of that downoi. i hope i will have some other plants u will want also. still gotta get u to try some of that moss. keep the tank looking amazing and have a merry christmas.

This is my first planted tank, almost 2 years old now, still up and running. It's been through many different aquascapes, some good, some not so good!
Here is the latest incarnation. 2 pieces of driftwood, 3 crypt green gecko in the back, fore ground of four leaf clover(Marsilea quadrifolia) I want the clover to cover all the exposed substrate. It is a new scape, though I have had these plants growing in other tanks for a while. Should look nice once the clover fills in. :)

wow, beautiful.
i love the triangular shape, leaning towards the right in the vertical plane. and you managed to create a triangle on the base too!
only pod (point of dissent) - both crypts are of the same height, cutting your tank off at about half the height. nothing serious.
seriously, great aquascape. love to see it filled in.

Good eye triazole, and thanks for the kind words! Took me a little while to see it, I removed the Crypt on the right side a while back, nothing in there at the moment. Looks better without it. Sometimes less is more. Marsilea quadrifolia is filling in the foreground nicely, post more pics when it's filled in a bit more :)

Back
Top Bottom