TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a new tank and I want to paint it black, no colors anymore.. except all dem reds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Black is definitely my first choice because the depth it adds&dem reds are hopefully gonna be killin it in the new setup..

sit in silence...

Your signature just needs to be "Master of the Reds"

Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Caleb

My vote is a frost for the background! Im trying to keep up with this thread... Ill be back in full tankin mode in about a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My vote is a frost for the background! Im trying to keep up with this thread... Ill be back in full tankin mode in about a week.

I've always been a sucker for frosted glass tanks! Has a certain...mature (for lack of a better word) look to it.

I would go with black myself. The "black" on my tank was from three different kinds of black spray paints that were laying around my garage, black rubberized paint, black bbq grill paint, and regular black spray paint. There wasn't enough in each can to do job. It came out looking like light black to real dark gray when the lights are on. I know rookie move.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

http://i.imgur.com/7xXGwoM.jpg http://i.imgur.com/gLXRuGf.jpg
So zebra stone,anyone have any insight on the rock in the first pic?

sit in silence...

Zebra is what I use in my five gallon. It's really a very cool looking rock but it certainly needs correct plant choice/placement to really set it off.
I really like the physical appearance of both its color and shape(s). Overall it has a lot of potential to be a very unique accent or full on centerpiece depending on what style you go with.
I really like that long piece sitting at the very top left. Looks really cool.

Really curious to see what you think of the 24/7's. Two should be pretty perfect on this tank. Does anyone else here use them?

Id be confident in that. I could be swayed to do away with the bml if i went with the 17 gal, I'm concerned it might not be enough light.

Sup people...been surfing the web in my spare time looking through tons of photos.
One thing I want to incorporate is elevation within the tank using a hard scape for support.
Will be starting on the stand this weekend & possibly wrapping it as well.
Ideas for new plants to be used in the aquascape are welcome,understandably without a scape to look at makes it tough to make suggestions.

sit in silence...

Were you thinking perhaps a rock wall in the corner with a hill and plateau on top? Maybe a branch of manzi poking out of the hill.
You can use cut up sections of plastic cutting board for substrate support. I think a low growing plant such as star repens on the hill between the rocks would look cool. IMO tall stem plants would hide the hill.

If I can get the basic structure of the stand built this weekend I'll begin mocking things up..
Stems will be incorporated into the scape just can't picture it in my mind just yet.
Some great ideas Fresh...keep em coming!

sit in silence...

Instead of using staurs on the hill maybe downoi or ar mini for dem reds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well a little bit of a let down,Amazon informed me that I will be one 24/7 short(back order)...womp womp womp!

sit in silence...

Dey go quick, sir... That back order crap sucks. Im looking at gettin 2 more. 1 for each 33L. Youd be proud. I made my first stride towards a big boy Co2. I gots me a 20# cylinder full. Any suggestions on a regulator? Also, dont overlook dwarf baby tears as a rock ledge/plateu creeper.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom