Two angelfish for 29g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello. I was wondering if I could keep 2 quarter sized angels in a 29 gallon tank. I would of course rehome them when they got too big.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Hello. I was wondering if I could keep 2 quarter sized angels in a 29 gallon tank. I would of course rehome them when they got too big.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Angels grow fairly fast. I'd do at least a 45g to start with. 55gallon would be perfect IMO. That way they can grow to their full potential and you don't have to worry about rehoming them.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Thanks! I might just go with one platinum angel as they don't grow very large.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Haha your sig is great!

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do two angel's in a 29. You would be pretty much stocked, but I think it would work. You have a good footprint on that tank for an angel, the height really benefits them. I would do further research about angels in a 29 to build your own opinion however.

I'm sure you could manage it in a 29 but I'm one of those that likes to see my fish have plenty of swimming room because angelfish get VERY tall compared to most other fish that get long.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Yeah. I'm probs going to get a koi angel and a black angel. I would give them back to the dealer when they started to get large. It would be a specimen aquarium with only 12 emperor tetras for company.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Back
Top Bottom