Two filters in one tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a twenty gallon tank but I don't have a power filter that is powerful enough to clean it. I do however have two 10gal powerfilters. Could I use both of them at the same time to clean my tank? Or would that cause to much current for my fish?

:( I don't have enough $$$ to get a 20gal filter though and the aqueon deluxe kit aquarium 20 only came with one 10gallon filter which I know isn't big enough for the tank. I guess I need to start saving to buy a 20gal filter then :(

Save to buy a 30g-40g filter. Manufacturers like to overrate their filters. In the meantime, run both filters.

Also would an under gravel filter work better then a power filter?

I might be wrong in this, but from what I've read under gravel filters aren't all that great, and a powered filter is preferred.

BigJim said:
Save to buy a 30g-40g filter. Manufacturers like to overrate their filters. In the meantime, run both filters.

+1

Run what you have until you can upgrade. I'd suggest the AC50. It works great on my 20.

Pass on the UGF, IMHO.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

UGFs are effective, but they're kinda loud and ugly. You also have to vacuum really well to keep the filter clean. Reverse UGFs use a powerhead to pump water up through the gravel so it doesn't trap the waste. They're usually preferred over a regular UGF, but then you need a powerhead.

Keep your eyes open on Craigslist and eBay. You can find a deal if you're patient. I got an AC110 for my 40B off Craigslist for $40.

Back
Top Bottom