Ugh of course on Superbowl Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pton46

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well let me start by I just got done cycling my 30 gal. I received it from a a friend and it was all going good. Levels were all good Put my Oscars in with my convict monday night and everything was great. Did a Partial Water Change this morning. After a week of steady readings.
So I finally sat down to relax and watch some Pre Super bowl coverage...

I glance at my Tank and what do I see...Water SEEPING from the corner...I'm freaking out :eek: not today....Well I have had my fill of Used stuff. I told my wife off to Petsmart keep toweling the Floor and got a 60 Gallon Marineland Stand and Hood. I transferred everything Plants, Rocks, Substrate I'm using the same Filtered, ( I was way over Filtered using a Penguin Emp 400and a Top fin 30 ) I had to do this in a rush so looking for advice.

I am using the Same Filters...well Used.
Transfer 90 percent of the existing Water
almost all the Same Substrate...
Bought a Bottle of Safe Start by Tetra..put in plus plenty of water conditioner.

All the levels are 0.0 when I first tested since most of it is Freshwater going from 30 to 60 gallon.

Also will my 150watt Heater handle this ? Or need more?

Fish are active look healthy....

Anything I missed..sorry for the ton of questions but I did not have time to search and this is my First serious leak.

Last edited:
update just tested

Ph 7.6
Amm 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10ppm

Bummer. Watch for a mini-cycle. But should be ok. But on the bright side, if you reseal that tank, you can have yet another setup. I'm just curious since I have an empty, used tank waiting to be filled... How long was it filled before the leak started?

I think it'll be ok as long as it's the same fish load. Since you just finished cycling you'll still have the bb from that. I just transferred 2 comets, I saved them from a friend, from a 10 gallon to a 65 gallon with the same filtration, canister for the 65 that I hooked up to the 10 when I got it, plus all the ornaments/gravel and after 24 hours I'm seeing similar cycle behavior to the 10 gallon.

Bummer. Watch for a mini-cycle. But should be ok. But on the bright side, if you reseal that tank, you can have yet another setup. I'm just curious since I have an empty, used tank waiting to be filled... How long was it filled before the leak started?

I had it filled for a month...No issues...then Seeping huge amounts out of nowhere from the botto. I would Reseal any old tank going forward. i had another 30 gal off of Craigslist I was resealing but it is not ready. So I just sucked it up and got this 60 gal, good deal. Stand hood and Tank for 249 the Mgr gave me the floor model , stand was nicked up on bottom $20 bucks off and took pity on me. I have to admit that was the nicest Petsmart ?I have been to. Newtown PA and the girl that was helping me was really great dropped everything and helped me out the door as quick as possible.(y)

Back
Top Bottom