Uh oh betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I started my sorority a week ago and could not have asked for better girls. They weren't violent, they stuck together and they never fought... BUT. I had my doubts about one of the girls being a short finned boy. So iv been told that sometimes females build bubble nests but iv had one female for 3 months now and she only build the tiniest bubbles just around the outside of the tank. Whereas my other shemale built a giant nest in a styrofoam cup (don't ask me why it's there lol) but I never knew males got stress and happy lines :S and when s/he flares it doesn't go almost all the way around his/her body it's like how a female does it.
S/he Doesn't have an opivisor but one of my other females don't either. I'm thinking because shes too young.
So does anyone know if it's a boy or girl??

And also can I keep my baby pleco (3cm) in my betta fry tank temporarily? I know they get big.

So I started my sorority a week ago and could not have asked for better girls. They weren't violent, they stuck together and they never fought... BUT. I had my doubts about one of the girls being a short finned boy. So iv been told that sometimes females build bubble nests but iv had one female for 3 months now and she only build the tiniest bubbles just around the outside of the tank. Whereas my other shemale built a giant nest in a styrofoam cup (don't ask me why it's there lol) but I never knew males got stress and happy lines :S and when s/he flares it doesn't go almost all the way around his/her body it's like how a female does it.
S/he Doesn't have an opivisor but one of my other females don't either. I'm thinking because shes too young.
So does anyone know if it's a boy or girl??

And also can I keep my baby pleco (3cm) in my betta fry tank temporarily? I know they get big.

Could we get a pic of the fish in questions?

What size fry tank? You have your sorority in a 4 gal tank, so I'd have to guess your fry tank is even smaller, so depending on the size of that pleco, I'd say no.

Post pics of the females in question if you want help ID'ing them.

Back
Top Bottom