underwater bonsai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jacktheknife - please refrain from making judgments about people based on their handle.

Why on earth would there not be a Japanese person named Lance living in South Carolina? Wait, don't answer that. Trust me, there are Asians named Henry living in North Dakota, and I have a caucasian cousin named Kumiko living right here in Virginia.

Let's stick to aquatic issues :D

Just so Jack doesn't feel like he's the only one.

The book I have says that "bonsai" translates into "tree in a pot." They may not be right/received bad info before they published, but that is what they said. It can translate into whatever, regardless we all know what it means.

I really need to try that Amato style. Of course, I killed my last bonsai tree. Maybe, not such a good idea.

I think I've lost track of the actual topic here, but I do have some Dwarf Bonsai Ammania that I'm very fond of:

Ammania_bonsai_251204_x800.jpg

Sorry, I just love posting pics :oops:

Thanks Lance :) Yep, Glosso trying to grow all over everthing and Riccia on the left. The little blue Ps. demasoni in the middle is only a 1/2" long fry, to give you a sense of scale. The fry love to use the Ammania as cover from the bigger, hungry male mbuna. It's pretty sturdy stuff :wink:

That is an awesoem looking tank Travis. Right now i am waiting on my new light to come in so that i can start growing stuff like that. I currently have 2 java ferns trying to attatch to bog wood and i have java moss riddled throughout one volcanic rock in the tank. Also got some corkscrew vals and wisteria plus some purple plant (purple is on the under side of the leaf) .... I am going to go out and take a look at Glosso and Riccia now!

Thanks

You will need CO2 supplementation to grow Glosso and Riccia, but as long as you supply that, along with good lighting, you should have no trouble. Here's a good site that has detailed info on planting both Glosso and Riccia.

Back
Top Bottom