Unhealthly Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd try a smaller tank, down to a 3 gallon. A 40g for a long tail is to stressful, he won't live as long.

Hmm I’ll figure something out, the wife as a strict fish tank limit that’s why I move him into the big tank, I had to move the 10g.

I have a fish bowl would a small fish bowl with a sponge filter and little peace Lilly in the kitchen work maybe? And how often do you need to change that water

Hmm I’ll figure something out, the wife as a strict fish tank limit that’s why I move him into the big tank, I had to move the 10g.

I have a fish bowl would a small fish bowl with a sponge filter and little peace Lilly in the kitchen work maybe? And how often do you need to change that water
How big? They do better in heated water. Could float it in 40g too, or just divider a portion of your 40g In one of the corners, something like that.

1st of all, how small of a bowl and is the sponge filter already cycled. The peace lily would have to have been grown hyponically and the lily can't take up the surface of the water. If a betta is unable to exchange the air bubble in the labyrinth organ in it's head every once in awhile, it will drown. You don't need the peace lily in there at all. If the sponge filter is not cycled, you may have to change the water and heep putting the filter back in after new water is de-chlorinated. Once the filter is cycled, you should only need to do a change partially depending on your level of nitrates. But you will need to check the ammonia levels everyday to see when the filter is cycled and then start checking for nitrites and nitrates. Once you have nitrates, the sponge is cycled and then you can just do partial water changes every few days once the filter is able to get down ammonia and nitrites.

It’s 2.5 I believe and no the filter isn’t cycled, I just like live plants maybe I’ll toss in some Anubis

It’s 2.5 I believe and no the filter isn’t cycled, I just like live plants maybe I’ll toss in some Anubis
The Anubias would be better than peace lily. And until that sponge is seasoned, you'll have to change water daily.

Ok, I’ll talk to the wife and let you know what we end up doing with the poor guy!

I got home and he is on the other side next to the hut he’s had for a year, it’s much more shallow and farther away from any current. I fear moving him to another tank so soon would stress him out more.
Do you think he’s ok with this side being shallow and pretty stagnant or should I just figure out another plan for himIMG_0160.jpg

Ok, I’ll talk to the wife and let you know what we end up doing with the poor guy!
I'd throw that sponge in your 40g filter. It will seed faster. And you wouldn't have to do the cycling for the sponge. Or take from the 40g filter. Just saves all that worrying. Hope the talk goes good! Good luck!

I'd throw that sponge in your 40g filter. It will seed faster. And you wouldn't have to do the cycling for the sponge. Or take from the 40g filter. Just saves all that worrying. Hope the talk goes good! Good luck!

Yep put it in the filter just now so it’ll sit in there for a day or so before I move Mr. Inigo

He is probebly a old guy to i think so its normale it isent trusting around, but yea its a shame they do these things to make them look “better”

Back
Top Bottom