University Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hutch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I keep a 65 gal at home with 1 bgk, 1 fire eel, and two pictus cats

im going away to university and im brining my 25 gal with probably a three gal feeder tank

I was thinking I only want one or two fish inthe tank... I like active aggresive predators and don't care whether its brackish or not....

I was thinking maybe a type of larger piranha... or maybe even and electric catfish (there is one at lfs that has been there for a year in a small tank - I feel very sorry for it), or maybe a type of puffer?

Any suggestions?

A piranha cant live with anything, except if it is a red belly piranha, they can live in shoals of 2 or more.Anything else rarely lives for a long period of time before being eaten.

From what I Know about electic catfishes is out of the question because it can grows 2 or more feet.

IMO you cant keep any piranha in a 25 for life or a electric catfish.

And definatly cant have a piranha or an electric catfish together.

What about a small school of Exodon paradoxus?
or just a pair of Convict Cichlid by themselves?

They are all pretty aggressive.

i think a 25 is okay for the convicts... if they spawn you might have tog et rid of the babies pretty quick. my teacher has convicts and they spawn likeonce a month give or take a couple days/weeks. you'll probally need a growout tank.

Back
Top Bottom