Unknown fish please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feeniks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please could someone tell me what this fish is please , I bought it from a Lfs as a cigar shark but after looking online at them I've noticed its fins aren't the same as a cigar shark although it does look similar pleasee someone help!!! I want to care for it in the best way and knowing what it is will help !!! I have attached picture , he is approx 11cm in length

Attachments

• image-2338127236.jpg
    image-2338127236.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 154
It's a pike.

You can search images at yahoo. I think I saw the exact looking fish searching "aquarium pike".

yea it looks like a pike, but they rarely have lines down the side like that, if it truly is a pike they will disappear as it grows, I hope you have the gallons

After looking at the pic closer its a musky, the lines should still disappear with age though, spots will likely take their place.. I hope you have the gallons, if I'm correct then that fish is gonna need some serious growing space

Thanks for help everyone I been looking at as many pics of like and musky as possible and it still looks different to any picture I can find, hardto see on pic but it has very small whisker like barbs just under its bottom lip facing backwards it also has a strange iridesent yellow to its top lip , maybe it is a pike but still looks different to anything I can find

It's an apollo shark (Luciosoma spilopleura), so a member of the carp family. Do a google search on that name and see if it matches okay.

Tony

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom