UnstopaBULL's 29 gallon planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
I have had a 29 gallon running for the past month as some of you know. The tank includes:

Plants are:

:8 stems of anachris that I float ( In my experience it grows better that way )

:8 stems of ludwigia repens ( red leaves near the top of the plant )

:1 golf sized bunch of Java moss that I hate but am saving in their to grow for when I get a shrimp tank

:1 green broadleaf anubias ( I have no idea about the scientific name 0r species )

I only have one fish which happens to be a nickel sized gold marble angel which I love because of his colors and the red at the top of his fin (the body is nickel sized ) ( Looking to acquire some beautiful younger Angels to grow up and pair) not sure about my Angels gender so will get 4 or 5 young Angels sex them when they are older. And then keep a pair and re locate the other Angels to my friend who wants them. I am also looking for 2 or 3 SAE's to clean the algae off my anubias and ludwigia.

Equipment and substrate:

Filter: Marineland filter 200 or 250 that came with the tank kit ( comes with bio wheel)

Heater: the heater that comes with my tank is the one I use ( no need to use it because my tank is TOO hot at (84 degrees in the summer since the tank is kept in the garage)

Air pump: forgot what brand but I have more than enough aeration.

Light: marine land led lights that came with tank ( YES I am looking to replace this light with a much stronger light )

On to substrate: my substrate is a 20 lb bag of Eco complete and with a cap of beautiful black sand. In all 40lbs of substrate in total.

Fertz and stuff: I dose flora pride which contains iron and pot. About every two weeks ( not a lot I know )

I feed tetra twice a day and every 3 days pieces of baby brine shrimp in place of one meal of tetra flake.
Anyway I'm hoping you guys can give me some help and stuff and guide me through the process of adding more fish and making this plane tank a beautiful tank. I will add pictures in later posts!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Forgot to mention I have a small piece of driftwood that moss could go on and have a black stand.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434383620.972203.jpgits bad quality btw. My friend recently gave me a small damaged sword which I forgot to mention

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434383698.288746.jpgi realize the angel looks silver but at closer glance he is gold hes a bit of a weird angel. At certain times he will show his black stripes and turn silver and at certain times he will like morph into yellow ith no stripes or yellow with very faint stripes. I doubt it's a trick of the light tbh. Regardless that makes the angel super cool in my young 13 year old eyes

Well so much for feedback it's been 6 hours and nobody has said anything. Kinda sad :(

I would highly suggest getting a background i prefer black.
Adding some hard scape like a piece of driftwood would help your tank too.
What kind of light are you looking to upgrade to?

As for the no feedback people are busy and can't always help right away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ik but I saw a lot of people comment on other peoples the second theynwouldmcome up and I just got frustrated that nobody attempted to help me. anyway Ya I was planning to get a background in the near future but my parents don't have time to drive me.

I was looking to uograde the lights to a finnex the right for my aquarium and I have a small piece of driftwood but I need more to make the tank look better as a whole

Also just so you know the sand might sink down below the eco complete because the sand is more fine than the eco complete.

I was looking to uograde the lights to a finnex the right for my aquarium and I have a small piece of driftwood but I need more to make the tank look better as a whole

Good start...finnex is a good brand..
I usually paint the back of all my tanks black..adds depth,plants & fauna stand out even more so...

sit in silence...

When I first got my 29 that was my idea but parents said I would screw up and get another part accidentally

Dang tiger than tank is beautiful love the kinda ballance between the plants and the way the fish look against the plants

I'd also suggest reading the articles about intro to planted tanks at the the top of the planted tank section..lots of info there for you..

sit in silence...

Dang tiger than tank is beautiful love the kinda ballance between the plants and the way the fish look against the plants

Thx sir...this doesn't happen over nite ,days&or weeks..alot of trial&error involved with minimal success..

sit in silence...

For fish I would into kuhli loaches (pangio kuhlii) because they are just awesome little dudes. They do like lots of cover though so if you get a carpet like staurogyne repens and some other thick plants they will appreciate it.

If you don't paint it a black garbage bag can be used.

+2
I also use black heavy blotter (poster) board.
Regarding getting responses, be patient. I've gone days to a week before I get a response sometimes.
Read, read, read. Do your research. There are lots of builds to follow here. Lots of opportunities to learn. It can be expensive but depending on your goals and with proper planning it does not have to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom