UnstopaBULL's 29 gallon planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just what Brookster said. Whenever I get a new light, it will probably have a feature to make toast.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could probably make toast on an old current t5 hahah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't read all the responses so sorry if I bring up something someone else did.

I would start with your clean up crew. You really need them in place before you add other fish. Your cleaning crew can consist of catfish, plecos, snails, shrimp, and loaches. Each does something different. Catfish eat uneaten food, plecos clean off algae, snails eat everything that the catfish don't, shrimp handle algae on plants, and loaches eat pond snails. These are broad, general descriptions and there are exceptions. So do your homework and research the fish you are leaning toward. And be prepared to nix your favourite fish because it doesn't fit in your tanks community.

I haven't read all the responses so sorry if I bring up something someone else did.

I would start with your clean up crew. You really need them in place before you add other fish. Your cleaning crew can consist of catfish, plecos, snails, shrimp, and loaches. Each does something different. Catfish eat uneaten food, plecos clean off algae, snails eat everything that the catfish don't, shrimp handle algae on plants, and loaches eat pond snails. These are broad, general descriptions and there are exceptions. So do your homework and research the fish you are leaning toward. And be prepared to nix your favourite fish because it doesn't fit in your tanks community.

Dude no... this is pretty wrong across the board.. fw does not have clean up crews, you're thinking sw..
Point, blank... never stock anything in a fw tank you don't actually enjoy having, symbiosis is a rarity and plecos drop turds like UPS..

Dude no... this is pretty wrong across the board.. fw does not have clean up crews, you're thinking sw..
Point, blank... never stock anything in a fw tank you don't actually enjoy having, symbiosis is a rarity and plecos drop turds like UPS..

Oh snap!

sit in silence...

I did say broad general descriptions with exceptions. Overall choice is a personal preference. As you said, there is no symbiosis. My community tank is completely different than when I originally set it up.

Ya my stocking for this aquarium will defintely have a PAIR of angels NO MATTER WHAT NO ONE CAN CHANGE MY MIND lol. Anyway Ya I'm a bit of a dilemma for my clean up crew. The pair of angels will have to happen. Right now I have one Juvie Angel and am looking to get two more and then will see if two pair off. The remaining angel will be sent to a good home. For my clean up crew I have literally never seen uneaten food. My angel is a lil food devourer. So a bottom feeder right now is virtually

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's called stocking responsibly! For instance... i stock top level swimmers, mid level swimmer and substrate or low level swimmers.. throw in some amano shrimp and otos?? Nothing goes to waste.. and maybe otos and amano shrimp eat alage;) bonus!!!! Corys are awesome and they'll scour the grounds until every last bit of food is eaten.. plecos do the same but they crap like woah.. better love that pleco because you'll be cleaning up after it.

For algae eaters I'm thinking two SAE's because if my angels suddenly get aggressive they can't like eat or much the 2 or 3 inch SAE's no bottom feeders for me till A I need them or B I feel like overstocking. I don't like overstocking at all and I feel with two SAE,s a pair of angels and some bottom feeder even Cories it will be overstocked and not healthy. And I don't like seeing my fish unhealthy.

LOL ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a big angel and I have 3 otos. Those 3 are vitually invisible in the tank. They fly right under everyone's radar.
I have dennison barbs ( big ens), a big angel, 3 big blue Acara's.
The Acara's looked at them a couple times but I guess them otos stink or something cause nobody messes with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can mix and match cleaners. Some people love their shrimp. I like chain loaches, pygmy corys, mystery snails and otos. I also have a favorite pleco, long finned blue eyed bushynose. I'm kinda in the same spot you are in. Except I'm having to redo 4 tanks because I needed to move them to our new addition. I get to fix past mistakes and play around with different themes and combinations of fish. Each tank will have a pair of apistos, wild type live bearers, a pleco, corys or loaches, mts's, ramshorn snails and mystery snails. One tank will have all the different male endlers and guppies I breed so I can show people the different types and take pics as needed. But I digress, this is about your tank. In the end, this is about you setting up a tank that you can live with and be proud of.

If you don't have snail problems then why stock fish that eat them?

It's called stocking responsibly! For instance... i stock top level swimmers, mid level swimmer and substrate or low level swimmers.. throw in some amano shrimp and otos?? Nothing goes to waste.. and maybe otos and amano shrimp eat alage;) bonus!!!! Corys are awesome and they'll scour the grounds until every last bit of food is eaten.. plecos do the same but they crap like woah.. better love that pleco because you'll be cleaning up after it.

+1 kuhli loaches are nice if you don't have alot of open areas for the corys.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A bit confused here. Fw and sw? What's that? Some of you are saying Amani shrimp and shrimp and snails. I don't like snails. At all. I'm ok with shrimp but won't the angel have a tasty shrimp snack when he gets bigger? I am open to stock ideas and comps with what you would try. Keep in mind that I will have two angels in here at all times.

I have a couple corys that I love in my ten one bronze emerald cory and 2 cory
It's that resemble pepper corys but are a different type of cory. I like corys but when I gravel vaccum I literally get no food. None at all. The angel gets all food super fast even if it hits the ground. So while there is algae on the plants ( I obviously need an algae eater.) I don't need a bottom feeder right now even though I love my corys.

Oh Fw is freshwater sw is saltwater ( facepalm)

I'm going to step aside on the stocking questions because I know nothing about angels.
Maybe google search 'angel fish community tank' and see what comes up on images

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some people have also recommended T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs this thing on Amazon as like another cheaper high light fixture. Would you guys reccomend me getting this or stick with planted plus

Back
Top Bottom