(Update) How do you like your coffee? ****

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is out of the line of things posted here but I am going back to the original to say I get gevalia and I do like it. I like it black. I have a burr grinder and love it. I had a cuisinart, black and decker, mr. coffee...and I am still using my gevalia freebie. I have found other beans that are very good at SAMS club if anyone is interested.

BTW.. i think that coffee should be its own food group.

Coffee definitely is its own food group!

Recently there was a big article in National Geographic about coffee and how it is drunk around the world, and discussing how it got started and our obsession with it. Very interesting!

I grind my own Starbucks (Sam's Club has a great price on it) daily, use my Bunn coffee pot, drink it with a little fat free 1/2 & 1/2 (that is, after i make my wife her coffee).

I look so forward to my coffee in the morning. I switched to decaf in the afternoons, but suprisingly enough, I still enjoy it. I get Jamican Blue at Sams and it rocks in both regular and decaf.

Bearfan said:
after i make my wife her coffee.

That is the sweetest thing! My hubby and I race to be the one to make each other's coffee - glad to know there are other fellas out there making coffee for their honey :D

jenpc said:
I know this is out of the line of things posted here but I am going back to the original to say I get gevalia and I do like it. I like it black. I have a burr grinder and love it. I had a cuisinart, black and decker, mr. coffee...and I am still using my gevalia freebie. I have found other beans that are very good at SAMS club if anyone is interested.

BTW.. i think that coffee should be its own food group.

Thanks so much Jenpc! This is what the original purpose of the thread was!

My hubby and I race to be the one to make each other's coffee - glad to know there are other fellas out there making coffee for their honey

My wife gets the coffee in the morning, I get her's in the evening. She drinks 2 cups a day max. :roll: , I couldn't even function on that small amount.

Oh by the way...My hubby makes my coffee every morning..it was in our pre-nuptual(sp) agreement and I am very happy about it.

my girlfriend got that same coffee pot a few weeks ago and she thinks it's great.

I'm not much into coffee anymore...was when i was in the navy out sailing the 7 seas and what not but now not so much

I worked in a coffee shop for two years in CT before I moved to MD. I was spoiled with actual fresh roasted (like that day), fresh brewed coffee and nothing has ever quite matched it. When I go to visit CT, I always stop in for a cup and am surprised at how strong it is. I used to drink 5-7 cups of that stuff a day!

The last time my wife and I went up I stopped in for my usual cup and my old boss was there. My wife said that as I was talking to my boss and drinking the coffee, I was talking faster and faster. LOL, I really miss that coffee sometimes.

Willoughby's in New Haven. I worked in the one on Church St. Best coffee ever! It's also a little known fact that Willoughby's supplies all the coffee to New World Coffee roasters in New York--it's not quite as fresh roasted, deliveries are done twice a week instead of every day.

I got hooked on Cuban coffee when I lived in S. Florida and now we run Bustelo through our espesso machine from time to time - it is the only time I drink coffee sweet.

Well...just finished the original batch of coffee. I must admit that it is far better than the Maxwell House/Folgers that I've been using over the years. Decisions...decisions...do I order more, or go back to the Maxwell House/Folgers combo for the rest of my life? BTW, for comparison purposes, gourmet coffees in NY are $8.00 - $9.00 a pound. Gevalia will come in a little cheaper (@$6.00 - $7.00) per pound. Maxwell House or Folgers can be purchased at the insane price of $4.00 per pound (at the big box stores).

Hmmm. Well, if you like it, go ahead and continue to receive it, until one day you (might) decide that it is not worth it. Until then, enjoy! A good cup of coffee, at least for me, is worth a certain degree of trouble and expense.

Well, I just didn't want to develop a dependency. You know how a coffee drinker becomes accustomed to a certain coffee flavor. Maybe I could just alternate them so as to avoid it.

Gosh...that is good coffee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom