Update of Beengirl's 55g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beengirl said:
Yeah, that's my understanding. Just wish they weren't so creepy looking. ;)

No denying that! Bleh. I ended up going with red serpent stars because they're so much nicer to look at.

I have tiny baby astrea!! :) saw a few tonight while looking in the tank at 4AM (cuz I'm a psycho), some are smaller than others, but they have that white pyramidal shape and move really slowly. At first I wasn't sure, but then I saw one right up by the glass on the rock of the candy cane and I could tell. Yea!! Free CUC members! Never even saw eggs. Also saw a bunch of amphipods and Copepods. Have some pretty good sized ones in my fuge too. :)

Got a new orange/green ricordia. It's still a little unhappy, but coming around a little. The birdsnest is off to the side too, with all it's polyps out.

image-325575091.jpg

Here's a pic of my trumpet with light on and then moonlights on.

image-3359849077.jpg

image-3898411986.jpg

The blueberry gorgonian is no more. :( It was so beautiful, I couldn't pass it up. But made it about 2 months. I'm strictly sticking with the photosynthetic gorgonians from now on; my pink gorgonian is very happy and has 3-4 new branches. :) Yea!!!
Not much else happening right now!
Thanks for looking!! :)

Jealous. I want orange green ricordea. Coral is looking nice. Looking forward to seeing how it matures. Where did you get them from?

SRC

Jealous. I want orange green ricordea. Coral is looking nice. Looking forward to seeing how it matures. Where did you get them from?

SRC

One of my small LFS around here. Was at another LFS today and saw a gorgeous bright all-orange ric. Wanted it so badly, then saw a little post it on the tank saying it was on hold and deposit had been placed by someone!! :( I was bummed.

Can we get a pic of the remaining gorgonian? It is what I've been currently reading up on when not reading up on what needs to be done to improve my tank.

Here's a pic of the pink gorgonian that I still have. It's an iPhone pic, so the blue shows too much, as usual. It is actually pink, though, and a lot prettier in person. :)

image-3080448130.jpg

Very interesting. I'll be honest, I need to stop drooling over other people's nice things so I can get mine under control at this point. Very nice. I ended up getting my taste buds going after reading about Grube's Gorgonian.

Very interesting. I'll be honest, I need to stop drooling over other people's nice things so I can get mine under control at this point. Very nice. I ended up getting my taste buds going after reading about Grube's Gorgonian.

Yeah, that's the actual name of mine!! Couldn't think of the name, but I had it in my notes of what's in my reef. When you said the name, it sounded familiar, so i looked through my notes. It's a pink ORA Grube's gorgonian. I bought it at Petco, believe it or not! It didn't look so great in their tank, but I took a chance since I have a Kessil light and it has really improved. :) I've never seen another one at Petco before or since then, so I guess it was meant to be. :)

Wow! I love your whole tank. Hope my tank will look as good still in the beginning stages but I like how it's coming along. Now I'm looking around for some lighting any suggestions.

Wow this looks great!! I am hoping to start a FOWLR in a few months, then maybe a nano reef with just corals and inverts eventually :)

Back
Top Bottom