Update on my Fish Stock/Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about this.... I will only have two good sized schools and in the place of the third school could be a pair of Dwarf Gouramis or some Oto Catfish?

Hm, a pair of dwarf Gouramis would stand a very high chance ( 90%) of failing. Females are very hard to find due to their lack of colour and not being in demand. They would also need multiple females per male. Oto catfish would work if you had a sustainable algae source, and added them to a established tank.

Hm, a pair of dwarf Gouramis would stand a very high chance ( 90%) of failing. Females are very hard to find due to their lack of colour and not being in demand. They would also need multiple females per male. Oto catfish would work if you had a sustainable algae source, and added them to a established tank.

Yeah I think I'll go with the Oto Catfish.

This is will be my stock:

7 Bentos Tetras
2 German Blue Rams
2 Electric Blue Rams
5 Cory Catfish
2 Amano Shrimp
2 Panda Garra
3 Otocinclus Catfish
7-8 Tetras (could be Rummynose, Cardinal, Emperor, or Black Phantom)

Yeah I think I'll go with the Oto Catfish.

This is will be my stock:

7 Bentos Tetras
2 German Blue Rams
2 Electric Blue Rams
5 Cory Catfish
2 Amano Shrimp
2 Panda Garra
3 Otocinclus Catfish
7-8 Tetras (could be Rummynose, Cardinal, Emperor, or Black Phantom)

I'd be cautious about having two pairs of rams, and cories occupying the bottom bit of the tank.

2 pairs of rams in a 30 gallon has a very large chance of failing.

I tried 2 pair in my 28, the tank in my avatar so you know there were plenty of hiding spaces and things blocking sight, but they still failed miserably. I'd only do 1 pair.

2 pairs of rams in a 30 gallon has a very large chance of failing.

I tried 2 pair in my 28, the tank in my avatar so you know there were plenty of hiding spaces and things blocking sight, but they still failed miserably. I'd only do 1 pair.

Hmm. I would like to hear some more opinions on this before I make a decision.

I don't understand why you aren't willing to take people's advice. There is a lot of good advice as far as your stocking goes, and you're blowing it off.

Do your research, there are tons of good threads out here about overstocking and multiple pairs of rams being bad together, but I you're dead set on finding out for yourself, which it sounds like you are, then atleast have a back up plan for them.

I don't understand why you aren't willing to take people's advice. There is a lot of good advice as far as your stocking goes, and you're blowing it off.

Do your research, there are tons of good threads out here about overstocking and multiple pairs of rams being bad together, but I you're dead set on finding out for yourself, which it sounds like you are, then atleast have a back up plan for them.

I am taking people's advice. I just wanted to hear a couple more opinions. And I research a lot about my fish.

Okay guys, I've decided to stay with just 2 Rams. My Electric Blue and German Blue seem to be getting along fine.

Hey I just had an idea. Could I put a pair of Angelfish in my tank? I know that I couldn't put them with Amano Shrimp. But it's just a thought.

Hey I just had an idea. Could I put a pair of Angelfish in my tank? I know that I couldn't put them with Amano Shrimp. But it's just a thought.

Nope. A pair of angels would need a larger tank. Especially with all the other tank mates.

They could work, but i agree with godfan. if you are dead set; then keep a close eye on them with your rams since they both like to take up the bottom level.

Back
Top Bottom