Updated 60 gallon planted angelfish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer raising my daily normal dose until I find out how much my tank needs/uses each week over adding more fert to the dosing bottles since if you don't remember what you added you won't know how much to mix the next time.

I prefer raising my daily normal dose until I find out how much my tank needs/uses each week over adding more fert to the dosing bottles since if you don't remember what you added you won't know how much to mix the next time.

Yeah, but I didn't want to buy a new bottle and remix them right now. I'll definitely take your preferred route once it's time to mix a new batch. I can figure out how much I added, as I remember I looked up the best conversion from grams to measuring spoons to double the phosphate in the mix(didn't have the scale on hand).

So I just start increasing the amount to 12ml daily until I see the levels rising, then should I keep dosing that amount daily or would the levels drop again?

If you see your levels have risen to the proper amount then you would continue to dose the 12ml of each solution daily.

Ok, here are a few minor updates...

5b6zhy.jpg
I gave this tank one last shot at growing moss, so I tied the FULL left branch this time with spiky moss. Seems to be doing well!

u7oz9.jpg
The moss pearling this morning

rua1xt.jpg
The corkscrew vals covered in oxygen bubbles sparkling in the tank, thought they should get a pic lol

2q1drvq.jpg
Since I trimmed the RTL down to the bulb, these 3 little leaves have popped out

vhq3uo.jpg
And the rotala that was green when I got it is starting to get some shades of red in the leaves :) Thats all the pics I could get today, nothing else has really changed!

DanTheGuppyMan said:
I think I will start feeding babies to my angels if I start getting too much...

Very practical solution! That's the old school method of population control. Mother Nature approved. lol

found some odd snails in the tank today...never seen them before! One species stays small it seems looks kinda like a conch shell. the others are more rounded like a regular snail you see outside, but has an odd streak down their backs, and i have seen quite a few in my tank...are they safe? Picsss:

ig8Cmfh8tyydO.jpeg
here is the first type

iNbmxhWPgbYED.jpeg
second type.

ibkEKPsJNXyJ67.jpeg
on the drop checker...

iVb1K4dpbWA24.jpeg

iTAtIQbGKD9kx.jpeg

and here is a little guy I just wanted to add lol

inHzx4iYTeUut.jpeg

Sooo what type of snails are these and should I get rid of them?

Back
Top Bottom