Updated 60 gallon planted angelfish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I don't want a snail farm though. I only want the 12 nerites I have in there now lol. How can you be sure that the plants you put in your tank are snail free? I heard dipping them in something helps.

Yeah, I don't want a snail farm though. I only want the 12 nerites I have in there now lol. How can you be sure that the plants you put in your tank are snail free? I heard dipping them in something helps.

You can dip your plants. Google or ask here. I haven't used it. Plus rinse thoroughly and check.
Ask sellers if plants are from Snail Free tank.

I dip all plants in Hydrogen peroxide and then wrap them up in the HP wetted paper towel that they were sitting on when I treated them with undiluted HP for 15-20 minutes. That process also kills any algae that they might have. It's always worked well for me.

I dip all plants in Hydrogen peroxide and then wrap them up in the HP wetted paper towel that they were sitting on when I treated them with undiluted HP for 15-20 minutes. That process also kills any algae that they might have. It's always worked well for me.

Thanks! I will start doing that. :) Is there any diluting I need to do or anything? Just dip the plants in pure H2O2 and soak them for about 15 min.?

I close the sinks stopper, lay a papertowel down in the sink, lay several stems or one rosette plant on the papertowel, pour Peroxide straight from the bottle over them, kind of loosely fold the papertowel over them, unplug the sink stopper, and let them sit in the Peroxide wet paper towel. After 15-20 minutes I plant them straight into the tank.

Update! March 25, 2013

So it has been about 5-6 months since I first planted this thing, and it has changed a lot! I just got another shipment of plants today, this time from Peabody's Paradise, and may I say AMAZING! Best plants ever! Please go check them out! Peabody's Paradise! - Peabody's Paradise!

I got:

Blyxa Japonica
Diandra (Blood Stargrass)
Nesaea Crassicaulis
Mryio 'RED' Tuberculatum

So, here are the pics.... :brows:

iFOBHtIlZva0h.jpeg
Box.

iCWuHf1e2AbjB.jpeg
Very nice packing!

iriDVAljBEolx.jpeg

ibqfjpTokTkok7.jpeg

iBUT4h4gtWCLh.jpeg
The first plants! I actually guess these were a gift, I did not order them : )

ibhfyPPrgZIiFv.jpeg
Here is the Nesaea Crassicaulis. Jetajockey (the owner of Peabody's) already told me it was in it's emersed form, so I am just going to grow it out under my higher light and see how it turns out. But WOW its huge! If you put all those bunches together you could mistake it for a bushel of collard greens lol.

ikcaveGuTDD6E.jpeg
The large mass of Myrio lol

iYFbDMm1Toj2l.jpeg
Thats the Diandra, the shot was blurry, so it makes the plant look dead but that is actually its red color. The camera made it look bad : (

iPVQbhjIoypU.jpeg
A bunch of Blyxa! I only ordered 2 lol! Thanks for all the extras :-D

imehKv9GGJWg2.jpeg
All of the plants I got. Great!

i4thpaVb4J396.jpeg
FTS

iI2CAmybweB2D.jpeg
Just got the blyxa planted in front of my rotala magenta

iyoIHfqrX93S6.jpeg
Can't wait to see how these turn out!!

ibzFy3lNt8iuBl.jpeg
The Mryio and Diandra. I had that other extra plant in my 10g.

Thats it! Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks! It is not at all the way it is supposed to be, I just have the nesaea in the center because I have nowhere else for it ATM lol. Once it all grows in I will start replanting and moving things around...get it how I want it :)

Okay so here is a video of the tank---notice the first few seconds if the video I focus in the Myrio red Tuberculatum- if you notice ther rid a very fine line, almost like a string coming off of one of the leaves- that is actually very small micro bubbles from it pearling! I found that really cool. Anyways, I also do a quick vid of the 10g. I just threw in extra plants in it and you can see all the baby guppies in their little holder :)

Okay, It has been about 11 days, here is a quick update...I went on vacation and came back to find my ludwigia a huge bush lol!! It got really red though, and I have already sold the trimmings so if you want any, next time ;) haha. piccsss

ibeugeTtaG3qwy.jpeg

itOVI0Fxv0CSv.jpeg

Thanks fresh! ^^^

This tank is still not the way I want it....hmpf. Not sure what I want to do with it. Any suggestions on making it better?

I forgot this was your 60g...I thought this was a 10g for a moment. Yes, that's huge. I'd trim it to start. It is over powering as is. If you have any real estate towards the back perhaps you can place the cuttings there and allow this to grow taller as a background plant. Here are some examples I pulled off google. Not quite the same plant but you get the idea...
image-140903353.jpg
image-3103406275.jpg

Ohhh yeah, I am actually wanting to go a bit dutch style on this tank. So I just trimmed up some stuff in there, i put up a RAOK for the trimmings, its not much but I didnt know what to do with the trimmings. Also, I found this odd extension on my amazon swords...one is poking about 4" out of the tank and the other is halfway up the tank. what are they?

iZYnQQ97ZHsO2.jpeg

i7oLN0hY98Qb5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom