Updated 60 gallon planted angelfish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pic #11

This is 2 of my RTL (red tiger lotus) bulbs that have sprouted and have made a couple nice red leaves, the other bulb is planted at the base of my large slate cave which has also sprouted and looking good :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 106
Pic #12

And a guest appearance of a Nerite snail! Busy cleaning that slate. That slate used to be completely green and look how white and clean it is now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 111
Pic #14- Almost done!

Here is a pic of the Corkscrew Vals I have as my background-when I got them they were mush but I planted them and it seemed they all melted but now they have come back strong with some nice healthy looking twirling leaves about 4" tall and growing, can't wait for them to cover the back as well as my amazon swords!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 117
Pic #16- FINISHED!

Oh, it's only my blue platinum zebra angel. Haha, anyways I will definitely be posting more pics soon after Christmas and see how much everything has changed by then :) thanks for viewing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 99
Thanks...I was influenced by Rivercats to get many of these plants since hers looks so beautiful, lots are still growing and I can't wait to see how they turn out like those two pinkish plants down to the bottom left of the large slate cave, they look beautiful in the pictures ive seen

Ur angels are starting to look healthy, eyes getting red. Nice layout on the tank. Like the lotus plant.

From having angels for years, having red eyes is a sign of healthiness as well as vibrant stripes, which urs are experiencing. Wait until the attitudes start getting thrown out, you'll know why they are cichlids.

Oh thanks for that info, mine are getting nice on colors and stripes so I guess I'm doing a fine job with them...and do you think I would have too much issues with 7 angels in a tank? I'm not looking into breeding but I know I will get a pair...I do plan to separate them when they grow a bit more to narrow the stock down a little.

No, I think 7 will be fine in a 60G. They will get territorial once they start to pair off so that may give you some insight as to who will most likely be a couple (and there will more than likely be a couple, if not 2 or more couples).

Ok good. I didn't really want to have to deal with separate tanks but if I have to I will. Also, have you ever tried to breed angels? I think I may want to give it a shot- I have a spare 20g tank to use for the babies and parents if that will work

I never tried to breed angels, they just do. I have 13 in a 125 and it happens so random. A twenty would be perfect to put the pair into once they are established. Once the eggs have been laid and fertilized, it can get real dicey as some people leave parents in tank with eggs, and some separate the eggs from parents. The eggs may get eaten, but by leaving parents I'm same tank, they will keep eggs clean. It's a 50-50 situation. If u have a pair, they will more than likely breed over and over. This may give u some opportunities to try different tactics.

That's good to know in case I decide I want to raise a few :) Also, I know this has nothing to do with anything but I noticed small white dots on the bottom of my tank walls (5 in a row) like little white eggs and I notice on a lot of my plants especially my anubias stems have little white dots going up the stem like something layer eggs there..all I have is the angels, Nerite snails and Amano shrimp. I know Amano shrimp cannot breed in FW, but I'm not sure about the snails...what could it be?

Pic #17

Just thought I would add this pic...of course he was in my way of the camera lol my little celebrity fish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 99
Oops sorry about the sideways picture. Anyway, I just trimmed the ludwigia D: I know, I know. I regret it but I think now that I trimmed it and just added a bunch of iron tabs around them they should come back a lot redder in the next week or two. I'm also going on a 5 day trip to Colorado soon, anything I need to do in preparation regarding my tank or should everything be fine? I have the lights and C02 tank on a timer together as we'll as an automatic feeder.

Back
Top Bottom