Upgrading to a bigger tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chandrastray

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, we currently have a 10 gallon tank with 3 glofish in it and a small (1 inch) catfish and they have been doing great! My husband now wants to upgrade to a bigger tank and keep this one for our daughter. We are being given a 75 gallon tank! My husband would like sharks and catfish, but I would like something with cool colors. IS there anything we can mix together? I see a list that says that barbs and maybe ciclids could go wtih them...

Also, how many fish would be recommended to put in there? How many algea eaters?

Thank you!!

If he wants sharks, either one red tail shark or one rainbow shark would be good, cichlids go good with only cichlids, though you can do rams such as a Bolivian ram or German blue
It depends on what algae eaters, the biggest would be small plecos like bn and bulldog, you can do 4 of those, if its otocinclus cats, you can do about 10 of them
There are a lot of colorful fish out there

Thats what he wanted was the rainbow ones and maybe a stripped one (we found a black and white stripped on) They are like 2 inches long. I just dont want them to be aggressive towards anything...

Oh well, all freshwater sharks are agressive, not too much in some individuals, they will chase other fish out of their territories
Also, only one bottom dwelling shark per 100 gallons, bottom sharks will kill each other

Okay...I guess Ill just keep searching google on what might work together

Thank you

Sure! There are better options out there, do you guys like catfish? Banjo catfish and royal farlowella catfish are my 2 favorite catfish, look very unique

Yes he also wanted those...would those be more universal with what they can go with?

Back
Top Bottom