upside down catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bhunsucker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got an upside down catfish but he never comes out from under "his" plant is this normal. When I do a gravel vac he moves out but then right back to his spot? You never see him swimming around.

yeah when i see em at the LFS their the same way... no worries until he is floating in the up right position with X's for eyes lol good luck...

Which upside down cat is it? The small ones (nigriventris) are schooling fish, and are more active in groups. The larger species are mostly singular/territorial.

i just got two syndontis eupterus less than a week ago and they pretty much never come out

when they get bigger i'm sure they're out more...they have some 4-5" ones in the display tank at the LFS and they went CRAZY when you give them food

i don't know too much about the upside down species but every one i've seen is strictly nocturnal

They are indeed nocturnal and are most comfortable with a cave to hide out in during the day. I see mine when the lights are out and it's a joy to see them swim around.

Back
Top Bottom