Upside down nerites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 5 (I think, my little horned guy likes to hide) nerites in my 15gal tank. Both of my zebras and one of my tigers have been flipping themselves over onto their shells the last couple of days. They're definitely still alive as you can see them wiggling around, and if I turn them back over they'll crawl around a bit, but then flip over again a little while later. Anyone know what's going on, or are they just being weird? I just did a ~30% water change earlier this week, but more to top off the water level than because anything was out of whack. Ammonia and NO2 are both 0ppm and NO3 ~5ppm pH has been stable for months at ~7.4-7.6. No new additives to the water beyond what I've been using for months (prime, API leaf zone & CO2 booster, Flourish Excel). Thoughts?

I have 5 (I think, my little horned guy likes to hide) nerites in my 15gal tank. Both of my zebras and one of my tigers have been flipping themselves over onto their shells the last couple of days. They're definitely still alive as you can see them wiggling around, and if I turn them back over they'll crawl around a bit, but then flip over again a little while later. Anyone know what's going on, or are they just being weird? I just did a ~30% water change earlier this week, but more to top off the water level than because anything was out of whack. Ammonia and NO2 are both 0ppm and NO3 ~5ppm pH has been stable for months at ~7.4-7.6. No new additives to the water beyond what I've been using for months (prime, API leaf zone & CO2 booster, Flourish Excel). Thoughts?

My nerites do the same, usually when they fall off my plants or when climbing on the filter housing. Mine can usually turn themselves over but my baby nerites get stuck needing a little help from me!

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

I've been flipping them back over but they keep turning themselves back over. Weirdos.

They're still doing it. One of them stays right side up longer than the other two, but they all still manage to flip themselves back upside done after a while. I'm at a loss.

Back
Top Bottom