URGENT!: Just introduced Rose Queen to Red Devil/Rose/Flowerhorn Hybrid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I'll have to separate them now then. I don't the orange one hurting the pink one overnight. My God this is so stressful, and my mistake.

Its ok. Happens to lots of people. Im glad you actually asked for advice and took it instead of asking and ignoring like many other people do. These fish ( midevil) are very cool fish. But get a 55g and you can keep one. I had one a couple months ago and i loved it. Very personable fish

Okay, I'll have to separate them now then. I don't the orange one hurting the pink one overnight.

My God this is so stressful, and my mistake.

Its happened to me a while ago too.
The stress... OH the stress......I don't want to remember.

If you can separate them that would be best as long as the other tank dont have any small fish in it. The rose queen is aggressive also but because she is the new comer the devil sees the tank as his and only his. Either of them fish really need a 75 gallon min for 1. some will say 55 but i think a 55 is too narrow.
A 6' tank would be ideal.

If you can separate them that would be best as long as the other tank dont have any small fish in it. The rose queen is aggressive also but because she is the new comer the devil sees the tank as his and only his. Either of them fish really need a 75 gallon min for 1. some will say 55 but i think a 55 is too narrow.
A 6' tank would be ideal.

75s and 55s are the same length. For just one 55 should be more then enough. It's wide enough for it to turn around.

75s and 55s are the same length. For just one 55 should be more then enough. It's wide enough for it to turn around.

Dont want to get into an argument but I just dont think a 12" fish should have to be in a 12" front to back tank but its more the water quality issue. Thats why I said some will say a 55 is fine and i would say its the bare min.

Dont want to get into an argument but I just dont think a 12" fish should have to be in a 12" front to back tank but its more the water quality issue. Thats why I said some will say a 55 is fine and i would say its the bare min.

Agreed. 55 bare minimum. 75 would be ideal fir a single fish like that. But bigger the better

Agreed it is a bear minimum. But it is a lot better then a 20 gallon.

So if the OP is low on cash, check your local Craigslist. You should be able to find a tank for cheap.

Okay, thank you for all the imput, it is very greatly appreciated. Another quick question: It appears the rose newcomer has a 2 small little tears on her left fin, as i compare it to her right one.

Will this heal? I just observed it because after removing orange/midus she came out and was excited. But she's not moving much, just very slowly and sticking to one area. Seems like she's using left fin a lot.

Should I be concerned? And in general, do fins heal easily over time? Is it a tissue that will repair as tissue in a human lets say?

Okay, thank you for all the imput, it is very greatly appreciated. Another quick question: It appears the rose newcomer has a 2 small little tears on her left fin, as i compare it to her right one. Will this heal? I just observed it because after removing orange/midus she came out and was excited. But she's not moving much, just very slowly and sticking to one area. Seems like she's using left fin a lot. Should I be concerned? And in general, do fins heal easily over time? Is it a tissue that will repair as tissue in a human lets say?

Will be fine. Do waterchanges frequently

Agreed. 55 bare minimum. 75 would be ideal fir a single fish like that. But bigger the better

Very soon, and when time to introduce another fish I will do a 75g. As beautiful as it is the Orange/Midus/whatever breed it is, is so extremely aggressive its challenging to even handle it.

I want to eventually have several different kinds in a large 75g. Tank. I'll always have an issue w/ this Orange/Red Devil/Midus.

Does anyone want it? It's super healthy. I'd rather give it to someone who cares then just a pet store.

Very soon, and when time to introduce another fish I will do a 75g. As beautiful as it is the Orange/Midus/whatever breed it is, is so extremely aggressive its challenging to even handle it. I want to eventually have several different kinds in a large 75g. Tank. I'll always have an issue w/ this Orange/Red Devil/Midus. Does anyone want it? It's super healthy. I'd rather give it to someone who cares then just a pet store.

How big is it? How much? And can you ship to PA?

How big is it? How much? And can you ship to PA?

It's so challenging to measure it, but by eye balling it from lips to end of tail, it must be 6 inches. At least 2 in. in height. Again just an estimate. I'm too tired to measure after that water and separation change.

Rose queen alone after separation

OKAY, Here she is. She's such a beauty and so beautiful. I'd hate to return her. Notice the left fin, if you guys can. Lighting is bad, hard to get a good pic from a tank.

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpg
    IMG_3064.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 64
Red Devil/Midus/Hybrid Something

So hard to part w/ either of them. I don't know what to do. :nono:

Attachments

• IMG_2981-1.jpg
    IMG_2981-1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2994-1.jpg
    IMG_2994-1.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3002-1.jpg
    IMG_3002-1.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 48
I will post an update tomorrow! Thank you guys so much from the bottom of my heart, its so pleasant to meet other fish lovers and to get honest advice and help like this. Thank you all! ;)

One last thing, just cause i'm a bit nervous. Should I close the light in tank for Pink Rose and let her relax or leave it on a bit since its new tank. What will be best?

Thanks again, sorry just a bit nervous with all this, don't want anything to happen to her.

One last thing, just cause i'm a bit nervous. Should I close the light in tank for Pink Rose and let her relax or leave it on a bit since its new tank. What will be best?

Thanks again, sorry just a bit nervous with all this, don't want anything to happen to her.

Turning of the lights will reduce stress.

Back
Top Bottom